Redondo Beach Diving Tomorrow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeeTheWorld

Reaction score
I'm a VERY new diver, haven't been certified yet only training in pool, and a one time snorkel last weekend at the beach. Been snorkeling two other times in Bahamas and Cayman Islands. But this is with a class.

Anyways it's at Redondo Beach and I was wondering, will I be able to see any sealife? What should I be able to see?

I was disappointed last week, we went to another beach but the red tide was so bad I couldn't make out my hand underwater.

You'll enjoy Malaga better since its shallow and there is a reef...which means you'll see fish. Its only another 10-15 min from Redondo Heres some info Hopefully the vis is okay.

Well I went to RAT's beach last week, and that's right next to Malaga Cove I think.

The Redondo Beach dive got cancelled because of big waves, then we went to RAT's beach to see, and that also got cancelled because of weeks. We live all the way in Anaheim, half my weekend wasted waking up early :06:

Hmmm, Sounds like you selected a dive course in LA County and not one of those more local to you. Red tide has been all over the place. Malibu has spots open, or not depending on the day. Laguna has 10 feet of vilibility.

Hang in there. October and its better visilility is comming. Holler at us when you are certified and we will get wet.

http://www.sandeaters.org then dive sites for local dive location. Redondo is a daylight snooze, but fun at night. But Redondo is also a deep dive as the action is usally in the canyon at 80-110+ feet. Malaga cove is a great dive when there is visibility.

Ok, you got me. Yes Redondo at night can present some interesting stuff above 60 feet, but the 60-110+ range is consistant in being both rewarding and below the red tide.

Back
Top Bottom