Catching Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a few guides out on the interent that are pretty good. They basically all say the same thing. Hes the ultra condensed version:

Tip #1) They swim backwards. Make them walk foward put the net behind and tap their antenea.

Tip #2) If you grab them they have spines and they can cut you.

Tip #3) ALWAYS measure them in the water. Do not mess with FWC.

Tip #4) Enjoy your catch.

You've got a good 2 months before you can take em so start marking your spots now. Last year I went out and with a buddy had 12 in about 90 mins.

Oh and as always... GO GATORS!

mbs1177:
There are a few guides out on the interent that are pretty good. They basically all say the same thing. Hes the ultra condensed version:

Tip #1) They swim backwards. Make them walk foward put the net behind and tap their antenea.

Tip #2) If you grab them they have spines and they can cut you.

Tip #3) ALWAYS measure them in the water. Do not mess with FWC.

Tip #4) Enjoy your catch.

You've got a good 2 months before you can take em so start marking your spots now. Last year I went out and with a buddy had 12 in about 90 mins.

Oh and as always... GO GATORS!

The technique they call "tickling" is almost always required in my experience. We don't find many spinys up this way, but the oil platforms we dive have shovel nose up in the pipes and holes. If you can reach behind them with something, you can almost always get them to walk forward by lightly tapping them on the tail. Be careful though. Too much tap and they shoot deeper into the hold.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!l See you Gators in Tuscaloosa on Oct 1. Bring your A game.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom