30+ Ft Vis all beaches 13 Jun-02 July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
From now through July 2nd you should all see flat seas and awesome visibility, with no red tide to be found anywhere. You shoudl log some of the best beach dives of the year if not your life. :07:

How do I know? :06: Easy - I am sacrificing my scuba gear tomorrow so the rest of you can enjoy descent visibility. I am taking it all in for its annual servicing and then leaving (16 June) on military duty until 02 July. :42:

That should (usually does) guarantee flat seas, 30-60 foot visibility and fantastic dives while I am gone. It always works that way every year.

Now on July 3rd, visiblity will be 2-3 feet with 4-6 foot waves and red tide everywhere :banghead:

Individual results may vary, results of sacrifice not guarenteed.

Dosen't everyone have the M235A2 time traveler? You are correct June 16 to July 2 is the correct dates of the expected great diving, if history is any indicator.

Melvin,
Thanks for reminding me. Mine's due this month too. Gonna be out of commission for 2-3 weeks.

Suppose I could rent my regs. Yuck...

Ya just got to have two complete sets of gear is all. I have my gear serviced every 6 months cause I dive the dogs $@*t of it. :wink:

hmm service... gear? hmm i think id rather just buy new gear to play with

Jim,
getting your gear done takes how long? Where do you get it done? Are they sending it to Guam for service?
PM me if you want, I never wait more than a couple of days, (but I am a regular too.)

Sport Chalet. Now I know what they mean when they say "We take it to the limit".

I'm a regular there too. But they don't know it. Bought all my instruction and gear there. Doesn't count.

Unfortunately, they're about the only game in town where I live.

Melvin:

Stay safe on Duty. We will stay safe in the crystal clear warter you are leaving us.

Do not let them send your gear to Guam with out you. Chris Bangs at MDA will get it serviced for you and then you can have some great dives there. Especially at this time of year. North dive sites, 11 mile reef and the Coco's area.

Jim,
My geear is also at SC and is promised back in 8-10 days. So it should be back when I return.

CA Diver, thanks for the good thoughts. I am sure the water and visility will be great while I am gone, it usally is. See you all in a couple of weeks. I hope to be able to log on from time to time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom