Fruits of the sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We got these about two weeks ago out on the Tenneco, the Cheveron and the Russian Freighter out of Pensacola Pass.

DSCF0264.jpg

Nice - my freezer is starting to run low, this thread isn't helping my urge to jump on a boat and fill her back up :)

SuPrBuGmAn:
Nice - my freezer is starting to run low, this thread isn't helping my urge to jump on a boat and fill her back up :)

Well, the bugs and the grouper got cut up and thrown on the grill the very next night --- mmmmmm--mmmmmm, very good eating. The snapper along with some caugth fishing the same weekend went into the freeze after vacuum packing with my handy dandy as seen on TV FoodSaver Vacuum packer.

Florabama:
Well, the bugs and the grouper got cut up and thrown on the grill the very next night --- mmmmmm--mmmmmm, very good eating. The snapper along with some caugth fishing the same weekend went into the freeze after vacuum packing with my handy dandy as seen on TV FoodSaver Vacuum packer.

Nice catch but FYI it's not lobster season yet.

All year for the slipps. Only season I know is for spiny's.

DivingGator:
Nice catch but FYI it's not lobster season yet.

There's no season, size or bag limits for shovel nose (also called slipper and bull dozer) in Florida. We have to come right back past the Florida Marine Patrol station on our way in and I wouldn't dare risk getting put in jail for a few lobster.

They really ought to change the season for spinys in North Florida. We don't have shallow reefs with little lobster hiding in every hole like in the Keys. If you find a spiny in this neck of the woods chances are, you're at least 100 ft deep and the lobster will be several pounds.

There is one slipper reg that I forgot. You can't take a female with eggs. We found one Sunday, but it was loaded with eggs.

I figure any Spiny we see off Alabama has walked all the way from Key West! Never seen a small one...
(I know which are better eatin', but I ain't tellin')
Rick :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom