6/12 Isle of Shoals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefseal

Contributor
Reaction score
Two tank afternoon dives Sunday with Captain Robs. Went out with only 3 divers. Great ride out to shoals. On way out, fog burned off. Seas calm/flat. Cool ocean breaze was such a relief given oppressive heat have been having. Dive 1, Captain Rob himself joined me for dive at Cedar ledge. Julie his Dive master joined the other two divers. Water temp at depth 42 degrees. Lots of cool ridges, ledges. Depth 131, dive time 35 min. Vis wasn't best but ok. (25 feet?)

2nd dive, shallower dive Swedes cove. Much shallower, 30-45 feet. "Divers playground" Lots of huge boulders, small channels, little cavern.. Saw seals on way in.

Great operation. Can't wait to go again.

ive herd that site talked about alot.
and herd its always cold.....
sounds like a cool spot tho..
wheres that operation you used based from.
and where exactally are the shoals?

Yes,

Isle of Shoals are small islands off coast of Portsmouth, NH
Portsmouth Scuba lists dive sites on their web-site http://www.portsmouthscuba.com/flash/shoals.pdf

Captain Robs Dive charters (http://www.captainrobs.com) He leaves out of Rye, NH
Contact Elizabeth F. Deane 603-926-9350 or e-mail her at Elizabeth Deane ldeane@captainrobs.com

I would be up for going next Sun PM.

Yes, it's cold there still. The Swedes Cove and Seal dives are shallower so ok diving wet. Any of their deeper sites, Dry is only way to go.

Diesel298:
ive herd that site talked about alot.
and herd its always cold.....
sounds like a cool spot tho..
wheres that operation you used based from.
and where exactally are the shoals?

Glad to hear you had a great charter! We left our non-diving buddies on Front Beach and made it in for an hour-long shore dive on Sat., but it was no Isle of Shoals.

Gotta get up there later this year...

Hey, what happened to the Red Sox??

vetdiver:
Glad to hear you had a great charter! We left our non-diving buddies on Front Beach and made it in for an hour-long shore dive on Sat., but it was no Isle of Shoals.

Gotta get up there later this year...

Hey, what happened to the Red Sox??

I know, I should probably put them back.. Wanted to promote my dive club in NH I guess.

If you can get out Sunday, there is room Sunday afternoon. I'm going out for sure. I love the Isle of Shoals. So many sites to see. hope you guys can join us.

reefseal:
I know, I should probably put them back.. Wanted to promote my dive club in NH I guess.

If you can get out Sunday, there is room Sunday afternoon. I'm going out for sure. I love the Isle of Shoals. So many sites to see. hope you guys can join us.

Can't - my brother is coming to town for the American Beer festival, and he is strictly a warm-water guy. Let us know if therre is some room next weekend, though...

I'll be out there this Sunday with my dive shop. I can't remember the name of the captain but he's out of Portsmouth and his boat is the Lady Patricia. The shop used him last year three or four times out to the shoals and it was a blast. Can't wait to get back out there. Our dives are definately more conservative for liability reasons for the shop and the wide range of experience of the divers so we don't really get much past 40ft. Cedar Ledge does sound like fun though. Someday with more experience and dives under my belt (and a really warm dry suit) I'd love to tackle that.

Oceanseleven:
I'll be out there this Sunday with my dive shop. I can't remember the name of the captain but he's out of Portsmouth and his boat is the Lady Patricia. The shop used him last year three or four times out to the shoals and it was a blast. Can't wait to get back out there. Our dives are definately more conservative for liability reasons for the shop and the wide range of experience of the divers so we don't really get much past 40ft. Cedar Ledge does sound like fun though. Someday with more experience and dives under my belt (and a really warm dry suit) I'd love to tackle that.

You're going out on Aquatic Specialities trip. Different trip. I'm going on afternoon charter out of Rye. Cedar ledge is fine for newbies. You don't have to go down that far. There is just as much to see in shallows. Series of ledges.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom