Got Wet/Mini-Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LobstaMan

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My brother and I, ScubaStew, did one long dive today @ STB and had some luck bug hunting. Nobody else there. We both broke in some new gear(BCD/PST E7-100 for me) and worked out some kinks from a long off-seaon. My first dive after knee surgery and everything went well. Can't wait to get some more deeper dives in with the 100s. Lots of shallow bottom time...felt like I had gills compared to the 72s.

Some wind, no surge/waves, a little more current(toward canal) than we're used to at STB, high tide and crappy viz around 10-12 feet. Lots of skates, some sea robins/ravens?, few flounder and the other usual suspects. Max depth 20 fsw, 50F @ depth and a ridiculous dive time of 83 minutes with 900psi still left in the 100! Only sore spot was a long swim back to the beach.

Nice to get back in the ocean.

LobstaMan

What is STB? I take it "B" is Beach, but what is "ST"?

I think it stands for Sandwich Town Beach. Of course, it could also mean Shanghai Taxation Bureau. I don't like acronims.

Acronims are frustrating IMHO :)

I think he's talking about Sandwich Town Beach.

OGB, STB, SCUBA, DAN, EAN....help me here, I'm sure there's many more! I'm not a big fan of acronims, I'm just lazy :wink: !

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
OGB, STB, SCUBA, DAN, EAN....help me here, I'm sure there's many more! I'm not a big fan of acronims, I'm just lazy :wink: !

LobstaMan

You had more in your first post :).
BCD, PST, let's see what else we have...oh, SAC, DIR, PADI, NAUI, GUE, SSI, SDI, TDI, NACD, NSS-CDS, IANTD...it appears that divers have ADD as we can't take the time to say the whole words and use acronyms for everything. :D

Jason

Nws, Noaa, Fsw, Psi.....

Proper usage of acronims is essential for your development as a diver. Use these wisely :dance:

SCUBA Something Creepy Under Boat Again
PST Personal Folder Storage
DAN Dry All Night
SAC Strategic Air Command
PADI Pay and Dive Immediately
GUE General Urine Examination
SSI Safe Sex Instructors
SDI Single Document Interface
TDI Therapeutic Donor Insemination
Nws Not Work Safe
Fsw Filtered Sea Water
BCD Birth Control Device

Did someone say Bugs? Those elusive little critters are starting to show up yeah! I am thinking about STB or OGB this weekend. If my back holds out it's Rafes Chasm (Norman's Woe) for a bit of a change up. We'll see what happens with the Dive Partner as he has not been yet this year. Glad to hear you're back in the water Lobstaman and living up to your name on dive one.

Thanks, hopefully we'll have good luck the whole season. Good luck to you at either one of those acronym dive sites.

LobstaMan

Back
Top Bottom