Shipwreck Tours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bosch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

This is my first post, I hope I'm putting this in the right place.
Has anyone ever been to this place: http://www.shipwrecktours.com ?

Some of their linked pages won't load for me, so I'm wondering if they're Ok.

I have a relative who has suggested it, but neither of us know anything about the outfit. As an alternate, does anyone have other suggestions for freshwater diving in Wisconsin?

Any help is appreciated, and nice to find this board.

Bosch

Captain Lindquist, aka Captain Pete has been around for years. He runs a great outfit! If you are lucky enough to get Pete on your particular charter, make sure to ask him about the wrecks. He's a consumate story teller!

You mentioned Wisconsin which is confusing me a bit. The shipwrecktour website you posted and Captain Pete are in Munising, Michigan.

What type of diving are you looking for? First time shipwreck divers? Experienced? Don't care about shipwrecks?

If you don't get the responses you were looking for here, be sure to post in the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew under the clubs section of the board. Lots of helpful and knowledgable Wisconsin and Michigan divers are there.

Paula

Thank you for the reply, Paula.
So you've been there?

Answers to your questions:

I'm actually going to go up to WI from Nebraska in July, and my cousin is just now getting certified. So for him, it'd be first time stuff.
I have AOW and a few specialties (drysuit, wreck, deep, and nav). He lives in Steven's Point, WI but we were just planning on driving up there and over-nighting it while the wives stay behind. (an evil plan, I do confess)

Thanks for the Wrecking Crew tip, I'll do a search for them.

My wife likes all the critters and stuff, but put me on a wreck any day. :dazzler1: If you've been there and have any details/pointers to share, we're all ears. Is it safe to assume this is drysuit diving? (I've never dived the Great Lakes before)

Sincerely,

Bosch

Bosch,
Just so you know Stevens Point to Munising is like a 7 hour drive. You might be better going over to Manitowoc or Green Bay, even Marinette?? (don't know spelling off hand)

PM me and I can give you some private charter numbers. With very experienced crews, who know the wercks. We can get you from Sheboygan area, up around Door county and the bay. Since you said your cousin is a beginner. Could set up for some of the shallower wrecks.

You can also look at www.shipwreckadventures.com , but they might be more expensive.

JC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom