Dive Spots in Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your best bet would be to check out the New England Lobsta Divers forum here on Scubaboard, or PM a moderator and request that they move the thread to that forum. There are a number of Maine based members over there.

I know there are quite a few, but I'm not all familiar with them aside of Nubble Light [Cape Neddick], which is an extremely popular site for OW classes as well as full moon dives and other shore diving. The only limitation is that divers aren't allowed on sundays or holidays.

dcoulombe:
Can anyone help me with good dive spots in Maine?

you could also go to your local dive shop (lds) or where you got certified and i'm sure they would be able to help you out.

dcoulombe:

where in maine are you going?

im originally from maine and could probably point you in the right direction.

What type of diving are you looking to do? Shore, Boat, etc. What is your gear setup? Wetsuit? Drysuit? etc.

I'd think that a local Dive Shop is your best bet, but also try http://www.scuba-newengland.com. They list some dive sites but also they have a dive shoppe list with contact info.

cheers!

Tons of dive sites up and down the coast. For southern Me, Nubble light, Casco Bay, and Lands End off of Bailey's Isle are some of the better spots. Deffinately call a local shop as well.

dcoulombe:

Here are some good sites to dive in Maine:

Fort Foster, Kittery: Great beginner dive.

Fort McClary, Kittery: Not a great dive usually low vis.

Nubble Light, York: One of the best dives in New England in my opinion.

There are many many more, check out "A Shore Diving Guide to New England", it has about 30 dives in Maine.

Hey D,

Just wondering if you dive regularly in Maine. I've just relocated to South Portland and would love to get back into the water here. I'm DM certified, a few hundred dives under my belt.

Let me know.

Beck

dcoulombe:

http://www.mainelyscuba.com/DiveSitesInMaine/DiveSitesInMaine.htm

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/USA_East/Maine/
St. Ann's Beach is where we're doing our check-out dives.

Skindiving I have found that almost any beach with a rock outccropping near an end is full of surprises. Much like the tip of an iceburg. Middle beach in Kennebunk is one I look forward to diving soon. Local Parking Permit req'd before 5PM in season.

Fletchers Neck in Biddeford, Kettle Cove in Cape Elizabeth and Wells beach near Webhanet drive are also on the short list. We've also enjoyed some awesome sites in and around Acadia National Park.

Pete

I may have the opportunity to get up to Maine in a few weeks. Deer Island I think. I'll have to ask again where the cabin is located. Hoping to get in the water while I am there.
Jeff

Back
Top Bottom