How to remove BP/W in water?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nagonoj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got my new Halcyon Eclipse BP/W and have been playing around with the harness configuration. I've found that its not easy to put on or take off the BP/W on the surface comparing to the conventional BCs. It would be very difficult for me to get on the dingy boat from water with the full rig on. Can anyone tell me tips on how to remove the BP/W in the water? Thanks for reading.

nagonoj:
I just got my new Halcyon Eclipse BP/W and have been playing around with the harness configuration. I've found that its not easy to put on or take off the BP/W on the surface comparing to the conventional BCs. It would be very difficult for me to get on the dingy boat from water with the full rig on. Can anyone tell me tips on how to remove the BP/W in the water? Thanks for reading.

When I was in Baja this summer, I had to, for the first time, dive from a Panga. This involved removing the rig before scrambling back onto the boat.

For me, I found that if I hyper inflated it, I could unbuckle the waist band, remove the crotch strap and sort of drop out of it.

Thats what worked for me. It was actually much easier to get out of it in-water than on a boat - where I have to sort of chicken wing out of it.

---
Ken

With the rig pretty much neutral, I can undo the waist strap (I don't use a crotch strap), and grab the valve and pull it off over my head. Getting in it underwater is basically the same move in reverse. Reach in thru the shoulder straps, grab the plate, lift it over your head and drop it down. You will also appreciate your buddy as you may need some help getting your hoses untangled until you get the hang of it.

Ken's method works well. I usually just inflate enough for the rig to float, then unbuckle and remove the crotch strap, then use my thumb to grab the right D-ring and remove the right shoulder harness, then just "spin" out of the rig. With a bit of practice, it's actually pretty easy.

Don't forget to remove your weight belt before taking the rig off ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for the link Jason B!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom