Post dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Did a dive or should I say attempted dive at Pebbles beach and Lobolly cove. When I got the maritime weather report last night. It said the seas wold be 2-4 with a NE 25 kts wind, which would subside by the afternoon.

When we got to Pebbles beach the seas weren't that rough, but the longer we were there the worse the seas became. Next time I get a maritime weather report I'll add at least 5- 10 to the seas and the wind.

Deciding that Pebbles beach would be better suited for other days, we decided to go to Lobolly Cove. I dove lobolly cove last year and it was a good dive, so I thought that maybe it would be more secluded then Pebbles beach. And parking during the week day shouldn't have been a problem.

The parking wasn't a problem. We parked just to the right and walked down to the cove. When we got there, the seas weren't too bad so we thought that we'd give it a try. By the time we had our equipment on and walked back down to the cove, and swam out a little. The place ended up looking like a washing machine as some people would say. We ended up calling it a day.

We ended up going to a resturaunt at Cape Ann Marina, which was the better part of the day. Would have rather had done two tanks, but oh well I can't always get what I want.

The next time I get a weather forcecast like what we were to have to day, I'll call the dive that night, before the dive.

Some dive days are like that, yes they are.

For future reference we always bail out to Stage Fort Park for a dive when the surf is up to the north or east. Not a bad dive and easy in and out. A bit shallow and sand until you get to the rocks in the middle.

Thanks for the advice.

Cecil:
Some dive days are like that, yes they are.

For future reference we always bail out to Stage Fort Park for a dive when the surf is up to the north or east. Not a bad dive and easy in and out. A bit shallow and sand until you get to the rocks in the middle.

You know, I checked Stage Fort Park on the web last night -- exactly because I thought something like this might happen (I was Stogey's buddy today). But the website said "only diving allowed at Stage Fort Park is off-season, so call first". I did not get a chance to call (and who?), so can you enlighten me on when is diving there is or is not allowed?

There actually two places to dive there. One is a beach on a half moon bay and the rule is, if there are lifeguards no diving. The other dive is always open (I think) and its over next to a clam shack further into the park. That's the spot with rocks straight out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom