Dumb & Dumber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I was a real dumb and dumber yesterday. :mad: I didn’t bring the fin so that I couldn’t dive. Even, my buddy couldn’t dive because of me.:banghead: It made me feel terrible because I ruined someone’s valuable time and schedule.:sorry19z: It also made me keep asking myself what is the matter with me. :crying2: I am still a real newbie in this world.

Have you had any same experience as mine? I hope not.

hoosier:
I was a real dumb and dumber yesterday. :mad: I didn’t bring the fin so that I couldn’t dive. Even, my buddy couldn’t dive because of me.:banghead: It made me feel terrible because I ruined someone’s valuable time and schedule.:sorry19z: It also made me keep asking myself what is the matter with me. :crying2: I am still a real newbie in this world.

Fortunately, I haven't yet forgotten anything that would cause me to miss a dive ... but that's mostly because I keep a box of spare gear in my car with things like extra mask, gloves, hood, regulator, etc. I have had to dig into the box from time to time for things either myself or one of my buddies forgot.

A well-known and very experienced dive buddy of mine recently forgot to bring his BCD to the dive site ... :eyebrow:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Don't feel bad. I've been stood up for dives. I usually end up soloing on those.

I get kinda anxious before heading out for a dive, that's why I end up with pages of checklists.

hoosier:

LOL, oh if I had been your buddy, we still would have had a nice dive.........
One fin each, just like in a potato sack race, :11: but then we could hold hands too. :wink:

Consider it a new diving skill set. :crafty:
It would be a very slow and leisurely dive........

I was on a dive boat last week and there was an instructor and a student doing an AOW deep dive. They got geared up first and the instructor reached into his bag and realized that he had forgotten his fins. Could happen to anyone...

As for me, it helps to be anal retentive. I always pack the night before and I stand with my gear spread in front of me on the floor, start from my feet, recite every piece of gear required and pack them as I go. Haven't forgotten anything yet.

Hey hoosier don't worry bout it!!
Look at it this way- I bet you'll never forget any of your gear again :wink:

Hey Bob...you know that you have to tell us who forgot their BCD :eyebrow:

Dave

yeah, i've done the forgotten fin thing too..among other things...lucky there was a dive shop close i could rent from..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom