Dive Log Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chugmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
I have just started looking into software. The one that has caught my eye so far is SharkPoint Dual Pak which comes with the PC software and either the Palm or PocketPC version.

What if any software does everyone use and any reccomendations would be appreciated.

I don't use a software on my PC, but I do use diverecord.com. This allows me to show a dive log anytime & anywhere that there is a computer with internet access.

You can also put images of your C-card(s) there so that it is also available if you need it.

chugmeister:
I have just started looking into software. The one that has caught my eye so far is SharkPoint Dual Pak which comes with the PC software and either the Palm or PocketPC version.

What if any software does everyone use and any reccomendations would be appreciated.

Many of us use Scubase.
www.scubase.net
It allows import from many computer software programs, and has a trial version so you can play with it. It is very customizable, also, if you want to put in the effort.

chugmeister:

I use sharkpoint and an generally pleased with it. They do not yet have an import for my computer, but the sync with the pocket pc is great and it is nice to have my log to show off on the ppc.

Mike

Ditto on Scubase. After playing around with everything I could find last year. Scubase was the best I could find. One of the best features on the product is the author. He monitors his message problem daily and personally responds back to issues/questions/suggestions.

Found a program called Dive Log 3.0 and it is compatible with a whole slew of computers. It will also directly download from an Aladin type with a com port plug. I have the Areis Atmos 2.

All I do is download the dives with the atmos program and then import the dive to the program. So far it works great. Free Shareware so you have a small fee to get the whole thing. (10 dive input max until unlocked) bummer is the instructions are in German but most of the stuff is self explanitory. The author is working on an English ihelp file. Also cool is it has a converter for units and a nitrox calculator.

Search Dive Log 3.0

Talon:
Ditto on Scubase. After playing around with everything I could find last year. Scubase was the best I could find. One of the best features on the product is the author. He monitors his message problem daily and personally responds back to issues/questions/suggestions.

I agree with Talon.... Scubase is one of the best. It also calculates your average depth from your dive profile and then from that it calculates your gas consumption rate.

Alex at "Scubase support" is excellent.

DI_Guy

DI_Guy:
I agree with Talon.... Scubase is one of the best. It also calculates your average depth from your dive profile and then from that it calculates your gas consumption rate.

Alex at "Scubase support" is excellent.

DI_Guy

Alex just released version 3.3 last night. For all you Atom users, it is now supported.

I saw something recently about Sharkpoint that also included a GPS function along with the Palm Pilot. Looked pretty cool but I'm not sure if the dollars equal the practical part. Sounds like a neat gadget though.

I tried Internet Dive Log, paid $40 for it and it looked ok, but stopped working and they don't reply to emails. So I would avoid that one.

Back
Top Bottom