diving this saturday 6/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
anyone else looking to dive saturday in Ct or RI? don't have a buddy right now so I might end up going to the quarry in Portland so i can maybe get some dive time in but would prefer diving somewhere else...

There should be a pretty good showing tomorrow in Portland. At 5:00 am, News 8 will send a reporter out for a story, and I believe, somone will get a dive lesson! I have just delivered a 30 yard container to the dive site for a clean up effort, and food, and soft drinks will be on site. While there are other places to dive than a quarry, It would be great to see support from the local divers, for a big effort to open the quarries to diving and dive training. Who knows, you may even find a new buddy there!

What time are people showing up at the Quarry tomorrow? The flyer said 9, but now there is this talk about 5am...

MDColson

I will be at North Beach in Rockport tomorrow...

there setting up at around 5:00 - 6:00 AM, but diving will be a little later in the AM.

The first day in the quarry was a BLAST! Food and bevs were served all day at no charge, and steel 80's were for the taking if you ran short, also no charge. The showing was great, and divers from several state agencys were there in force. MUCH trash was retrieved from the area, and markers were given out to spot tires, and other debris that you may find on the dive, and surface crews were there to pick it up. It was a great day to practice skills of all levels, and the highlight of the day was when Ed Hayes floated one of the cars on lift bags, brought it all the way around the point, then was assisted by others in landing it with the help of a Peterbilt truck donated by Waste Management of Portland. News channel 8, and 3 were there for much of the day, as well as a reporter from the Middletown Press, to tape the going's on. Professional rock climbers were scaling the 75' walls above the water to help clear any thing that was thrown off the cliffs and cought in brush growing from the walls. Ed, Frank, and Shean Hayes were all there to greet any, and every one that came to dive, or help. Medical help was on site from the Portland fire dept. and in the event that they were called out, our own "ehfireems" (aka Shane) who is not only a diver, but is a paramedic as well offered his help if needed! Thanks to him for that! A sign in tent for divers was at the entrance, and all divers were to pair up, (buddies would be found if needed) sign in, and out of the water, and bring with them, and return a DAN numbered tag so that the crew new where every diver was at all times. Great fun, and safety all in one, how could it get any better? The dive will continue today as well, if any one cares to join, or have a look, Please come down, and many thanks to the divers that came to just have a dive, or to help out. We had a ball! And the company could'nt have better, or more friendly. Just more proof that divers are a great bunch.

I was also there all weekend with dbg40.. The Hayes brothers Frank, Ed and Shawn are down right genuine people, with a great big heart for the sport they love and the community they have grown with!! My biggest thanks to Frank, Ed and Shawn Hayes, for what they are doing for the sport we all love!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom