Any dive sites out there with barbecue grills and tables?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chebby

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know, I am a selfish selfish person. I would like to combine a mandatory family/friends gathering with something I actually like - diving. So are there any places near the ocean where barbecuing is allowed? Cape Ann, RI, SS, CC?

It's not high on the list of "great" diving but it is a good place for family events.

That's near Niles Beach, right? Last time I drove by I dared not step into its diver infested waters. There were at least 20 divers there at the same time!

You should come out here... we occasionally find bar-b-ques at depth in some of our dive sites due to boaters who occasionally lose them off their boats while on anchor. Just teasin ya (although the above is true, and they are usually stainless steel).

You could also check out Fort Foster in Maine. Breaking the Cape Ann tradition, they actually have a parking lot and area just for divers!

Chebby:
I know, I am a selfish selfish person. I would like to combine a mandatory family/friends gathering with something I actually like - diving. So are there any places near the ocean where barbecuing is allowed? Cape Ann, RI, SS, CC?

He-he, sure Dr. Bill. I’ll bring some magnesium underwater burning coal and we’ll grill some tiger sharks or whatever other critters u have over there on Santa Catalina. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom