Panglao in February, water temp?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiwi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning a trip on Panglao early next year. Can anyone tell me please what is the water temperature there in February? Also what kind of weather and weather temp shall I expect? Is March or April better choice (concerning diving) or there are not so big differences in water temp?

Kind Regards,
Sebastian.

stiwi:
I am planning a trip on Panglao early next year. Can anyone tell me please what is the water temperature there in February? Also what kind of weather and weather temp shall I expect? Is March or April better choice (concerning diving) or there are not so big differences in water temp?

Kind Regards,
Sebastian.

Been there in Dec., Apr., May and June some years back. Dec. was the coolest temp. @ the high 79s F Apr. to June is the primetime diving season @ the low 80sF, also the clearest waters.

The month of Feb. is most likely better than Dec. Which ever way, the worse diving on Panglao is still better than the best diving here.

Dive Safe

f3nikon:
Been there in Dec., Apr., May and June some years back. Dec. was the coolest temp. @ the high 79s F Apr. to June is the primetime diving season @ the low 80sF, also the clearest waters.

I heard that best visibility under water is from December till May and in June they are getting little worse but you say something different that June is primetime diving there?

Cheers,
Sebastian.

In December and early January the water temp was 27C. Air temps ranged from 25C to 31C. Visability was usually about 15 meters but ranged from 8 meters to 22 meters.

I've been there in May also. Visibility, on average, is better and the air temp is much hotter. Anytime between December and end of May is great. June can be great too if the rainy season doesn't come early.

The water around panglao, and allthrough the visayas, are approx 26 degrees celcius, ( i can see you're european). a 3 mm wetsuit should do the job!

Have a nice trip!

Thank you all very much.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

One more thing, could you tell me what temperature should I expect at the evenings in February? I am not sure if I should take any warmer clothes like sweater or longs?

Cheers,
Sebastian.

stiwi:
One more thing, could you tell me what temperature should I expect at the evenings in February? I am not sure if I should take any warmer clothes like sweater or longs?

Cheers,
Sebastian.
feb is leading into the warm (hot for you) summer months so you'll be experiencing cool winds (left over form siberia) coupled with warm sun

overall feb daytime would be about 27-29C so the nights would average 27C more or less... a very light windbreaker would be the most you'll need if any at all (but it would be wise to pack it just the same in case)

have fun! i heard panglao is an amazing dive experience

Jag

Back
Top Bottom