Finished Rescue.... now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lexy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm curious what other divers have done after finishing their rescue cert. Did you just continue racking up dives and enjoying? Did you go onto DM or other specialities? What was your next move as a diver and dive education?

I finished rescue this weekend and I'm looking for feedback to see where others have ventured to next.

Any feedback or your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Lexy:
I'm curious what other divers have done after finishing their rescue cert. Did you just continue racking up dives and enjoying? Did you go onto DM or other specialities? What was your next move as a diver and dive education?

I finished rescue this weekend and I'm looking for feedback to see where others have ventured to next.

Any feedback or your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
That's it, you've beat diving! Game over! Congratulations!

Just kidding. The next move for all divers should be more diving and more experience. This hobby, scuba diving, is filled with many multiple hobbies so there is little chance you'll get bored. Everything from multiple locations like ice diving, cold water, clear water, warm water to photography, wrecking, caving, DIR'ing etc. Or any combination thereof!

PS: For those of you that are trying to be tricksy and don't think it's possible to combine clear, cold and warm water just remember that the best latrine is neoprene!

I've also completed Rescue this year, and here is what I would like to do next.

1) Lot's of diving.

2) DIRF

3) Lot's of diving.

Go diving, enjoy it.

Hmmm, think I'm seeing a trend in the responses...

Go out and dive and consider getting merit badges in other aspects of diving while you have fun. Try a little photography, navigation, or wreck diving and get a broad range of experience so when you do go after the DM you’ll better understand the type divers you might be leading, or the varied interests of the divers you might be helping to train.

yep, its not all about "continuing education" Get out and dive. Classes are an important aspect, but they sure aren't everything. Get out and dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom