Scuba depth record broken...again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kriterian

Reaction score
Nuno Gomes from South Africa descended to 318.25 meters (1043.86 feet). 20 minutes to descend and 12 hours of decompression, yeesh.

Here is a reprint of the story

What was the deepest dive without coming back up?
Cripes, here comes the "record breaking bashing" again.
Thats an awsome dive!

I would be very interested to learn the physics behind that dive. Thats 33.6 bar if my math serves me right. What is the oxygen toxicity at that depth and did he have to breath a gas mix below 21%? I would be interested to see a more detailed dive profile and a bit more into his diving history, if he has gotten bent before etc.

Wildcard:
What was the deepest dive without coming back up?
Cripes, here comes the "record breaking bashing" again.
Thats an awsome dive!

I weighed the "scuba diving is not a competition" side vs. some folks out there that might be interested, and decided it was just something worth posting.

Also, starting off a post with "Please don't fight over this topic, or flame me" usually jinxes everything and makes the trouble brew anyway. Just ask the DIR folks :D:

Without sitting down and doing the math Im guessing single digit 02 %s at the bottom. id love to see the whole profile.

Nut's............. the only word that applies.

I'm always in awe of people who push boundries to that extent. I enjoy a little push now and then but typically draw the line at things that have a better than 50/50 chance of killing me the first time I make an attempt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom