Nitrox gear quesion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divermatt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone! I'm new to the nitrox scene, and have conflicting information about my equipment. Some web sites say that my octo, a dacor Viper is nitrox compatible, while others make no mention. Both my dacor BC (talon) and the Viper manual say that neither is nitrox compatible, though they say it in the same language that make it sound like it's just a matter of meeting the definition of European Law! Like I said, some sites that sell the stuff say that it is in fact compatible. Assuming it was, I dove 38% O2 this weekend. Did I do wrong? How do I find out??? Anyone have the facts, or can you point me in a direction???

Just about all equipment except titanium regs are good out of the box for 40% nitrox. Only tanks filled with partial pressure blending (the most common) need O2 cleaning.

You don't have to worry about your nitrox compatibility as long as you stay below 40%. The only reg that I'm familiar with that isn't nitrox compatible, and I'm sure there are more, is the old ScubaPro honker, MK7.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom