Shot these on Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
BlackSnapper.jpg

Seems to be a lot of black snapper out there and not very many reds. The grouper is small but legal. There were some much bigger ones but we had a boat full of divers all over the wrecks chasing off the fish. A couple of newbies from Louisiana chased after every fish on the wreck as if they had never seen one and thought they could out swim them. They completely forgot about other divers and swam in front of every body no matter if you were stalking a fish. A diver not as nice as me pretty much cussed them out when they swam like a bat out of hell between him and a grouper he was sizing up. Not only that but they came up behind me on the anchor rope with cocked guns. After telling them three times to uncock their guns, I was about to cock mine and point it at them when they got the message. I don't think they'll be back.

Other than that, it was a pretty good trip.

More good eatin :) I'm still jonesin for a boat dive to fill my freezer back up.

SuPrBuGmAn:
More good eatin :) I'm still jonesin for a boat dive to fill my freezer back up.

The grouper in this thread weighs a conservative 403 lbs. Wait, check that. A conservative 4 lbs 3 ozs is what I meant to say. For some reason, I'm so ashamed now. :D :wink: :flush: :pity_part

ReefGuy:
Nice haul!

Its too late to make me feel better ... I feel like a totally inadequate spearfishermen :wink:

Inadequate? You had dinner didn't you? 'Nough said.

Tell you what, I'll trade. What you shot on Sunday with what I shot on Sunday. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom