Weezle DrySuit Undergarments...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimJam

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone had any good/bad/indifferent experience with weezle undergarments? I've read a lot of reviews online and they say that weezle makes the greatest undergarment...I haven't read one bad review.

I've been diving with a standard 200gm undergarment that I have to double up on during winter dives. I end up like the little kid in A Christmas Story:

"I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS....I CAN'T MOVE MY ARMS....RAAALLLPHIE"

From what I've read, Weezles allow for unparalleled freedom of movement, superior moisture wicking and unbelievable thermal characteristics. If their reputation is as good as everything I read, I'll order one tomorrow!

I've had mine for two years and like it alot. if you do get some be very, very careful not to put it in the dryer on "high". It will shrink away to the thickness of a t-shirt :) I like the movement and fit and have no complaints.

I have the Weezle Extreme+ but I haven't had a chance to dive with it yet (water temps are way too high right now for this undergarment). I have to say that I was very impressed with the construction/material and range of movement it provides. I was also -very- warm when I tried it on. It's also amazing just how much this suit will compress.

They are expensive but if you dive year round (like when the water is in the 30's) I think they're well worth it.

My husband has weezle undergarments, and he loves them. I have read some horror stories about them getting caught in the drysuit exhast valve, though - but I don't know how often this actually happens.

I have the weezle socks, and they are AMAZING.

vetdiver:
My husband has weezle undergarments, and he loves them. I have read some horror stories about them getting caught in the drysuit exhast valve, though - but I don't know how often this actually happens.

I have the weezle socks, and they are AMAZING.

I've got one and love it. Very warm, even when its a bit wet :D

I put a tube bandage (the woven ones for your knee or elbow) round my upper arm to avoid the whole sucking out the dump valve thing. Or if I forget that, the ol' trusty duct tape comes out!!!

Si

I have the Extreme (no plus) and also a DUI 300 (pants/swaeter)...DUI 200G Jumpsuit and DUI 300G Pijama style....

No questions ask...if it is too cold grab the Weezle....I just can imagine, how hot it will get in an Extreme PLUS !!

200G is good for no less than 59oF ! I have not tried the DUI 400G ...but still will bet on the weezle !

Simon L:
I put a tube bandage (the woven ones for your knee or elbow) round my upper arm to avoid the whole sucking out the dump valve thing. Or if I forget that, the ol' trusty duct tape comes out!!!

Si

that solves the only bad thing i've heard about the weezles..but i still wouldn't give up my DC thinsulalte tretch extreme....

For extremely cold water, Weezles are real warm.

One drawback, as far as I'm concerned, is that they offer virtually no stretch at all.

One esteemed member of this board had a seamstress sew football shaped panels of elastic into the armpits of his suit, to provide enough movement to reach back to perform valve drills.

Having not done so, valve drills can be a PITA for me. I have to add gas to obtain greater range of reach, and that doesn't cut it for a number of reasons.

I'll be picking up a set of stretch thinsulate underwear in the future. My Weezle is plenty warm, but I'm interested in a greater range of motion.

FWIW. YMMV.

I've been diving the Extreme+ for about a year now for my cold water diving (<50F). They are comfortable, don't restrict my movement, and are plenty warm. I don't have any problem with valve drills in my CF200 with Weezles. I find that venting is relatively slow compared to my Polartech 300. I haven't had the opportunity to dive the Thinsulate 400G, so I can't compare the two.

Mike

I've been diving the Extreme+ for 2 years when it's cold enough. Very warm, although I think I need more gas in the suit than others to get that warmth. It's on the fluffy side.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom