Spear Fishing in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can pick them up at Walmart, or any tackle shop. City Marina in Panama City. Or online http://myfwc.com/license/

If you need a spearo friendly charter, my friends Capt Bil & Capt Scott run a 6 pack called the Sanctuary in Panama City. Reasonable rates, they don't mind taking newbies out & teaching them things, either.

I'm south of you, in Eufaula, and spear with Bil regularly. If you're interested in driving with them, PM me an email address & I'll pass it on to them.

A typical 2 tank trip is $60, a 3 tanker $75. They'll make about any trip within reason to suit you, but you may have extra charges due to fuel & time if they're sites farther out.

An example would be the rock reefs out west. They'll go, but it's about 25 miles each way, so they have to charge extra to be able to do such a trip.

Usually, drops are made on the wrecks and bridge spans in the area. Last saturday we git a span, saw a goliath grouper, a manta ray, and I caught & released a spiny lobster that weighed about 6 or 7 lbs. Hope I see him again when the season is open :wink:

Amberjack are still around, but it's hit or miss if there'll be any legal ones on a given site, they're not as thick as they have been. Spanish mackeral are in & thick, and we're seeing flounder again. Cuda are back, some sheepshead around, etc. We always have a fun time.

This link and phone # still work.

* FL Saltwater fishing license & lobster stamp if appropriate. Available online at www.marinefisheries.org or by calling 888-FISHFLOrida.

Chad

Spearfishing instruction is one of my specialties.

No, a crawfish stamp.

Chad Carney:
This link and phone # still work.

* FL Saltwater fishing license & lobster stamp if appropriate. Available online at www.marinefisheries.org or by calling 888-FISHFLOrida.

Chad

Spearfishing instruction is one of my specialties.

As Chad said, you can buy it online and it saves you a trip. Also, they give you a temporary page to print out which makes it valid as soon as you buy it, so you can use it right away. They mail you the permanant licence in about 10 days. They charge a couple dollars more, but its well worth it in my opinion. I renew mine online every year, but you can buy them in bait and tackle shops as well.

Wayward Son:
A typical 2 tank trip is $60, a 3 tanker $75. They'll make about any trip within reason to suit you, but you may have extra charges due to fuel & time if they're sites farther out.

An example would be the rock reefs out west. They'll go, but it's about 25 miles each way, so they have to charge extra to be able to do such a trip.

Usually, drops are made on the wrecks and bridge spans in the area. Last saturday we git a span, saw a goliath grouper, a manta ray, and I caught & released a spiny lobster that weighed about 6 or 7 lbs. Hope I see him again when the season is open :wink:

Amberjack are still around, but it's hit or miss if there'll be any legal ones on a given site, they're not as thick as they have been. Spanish mackeral are in & thick, and we're seeing flounder again. Cuda are back, some sheepshead around, etc. We always have a fun time.

Those are great prices...gonna have to get over to PC and take a trip.

Back
Top Bottom