Odd find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharpenu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I found this near Boynton Beach in 2002. It was about 14" across. Looks like a pelvic girdle. I tried to bring it on the boat to turn over to the authorities, but the CApt said no. Looks human, doesn't it?

Bone_060102.jpg

Doesn't really look very human... dunno what it might be though. Creepy

sharpenu:
I found this near Boynton Beach in 2002. It was about 14" across. Looks lie a pelvic girdle. I tried to bring it on the boat to turn over to the authorities, but the CApt said no. Looks human, doesn't it?

Little freaky

It at least looks mammalian. Were there any other remains in the proximity? Did the captain give a reason for the decision? Did the captain also answer to capo?

Very cool!

Compare the pelvis thumbnail to this...one of these things is not like the other :wink: Ok, none of these things is exactly like the other...

This looks sort of like a vertebrae, don't you think? (guessing :wink:) The size doesn't exclude either mammals or fish, since we're both vertebrates.
I'm sure there are marine biologists on the board...I can't wait to hear the answer!

Awesome find regardless!

It didn't look like a turtle. It wasn't shaped like your pics.

I brought it to the surface, but it stunk (I think there was still some flesh decaying on it), so the Capt didn't want it on the boat. Plus, I am sure the law would have held him up for awhile, to investigate.

No other pics, sorry.

i think jeffreyd is right

look at this picture. it's the same thing, just upside down:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom