Dolphin Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver63

Reaction score
Being a new diver there is all sorts of things I am looking forward to seeing, but I would really like to dive somewhere there are dolphins. Can anyone suggest some good dive spots for seeing dolphins during your dive?

Dolphins tend to be a bit shy around divers underwater. I think we are too noisy and the bubbles anoy them. When I was in Galapagos, during one of our surface intervals we were surronded by a super-pod 4-500 strong, but never saw any underwater.

I've seen them in the wild in Cozumel and the Caymans.

Diver63:
Being a new diver there is all sorts of things I am looking forward to seeing, but I would really like to dive somewhere there are dolphins. Can anyone suggest some good dive spots for seeing dolphins during your dive?

Anthony's Key Resort in Roatan offers a dive where you can interact with dolphins ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Diver63:
Thanks! I hope to dive Roatan soon. Now I just have more reason. :eyebrow:

FWIW - you don't have to stay at Anthony's Key Resort to participate in the dolphin dive. I stayed at CocoView, which is on the other side of the island. I think all the resorts offer the opportunity to sign up for the dive. It ain't cheap ($120) ... but it's worth the experience (in my opinion).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We stayed at Fantasy Island on Roatan and my wife did the dolphin dive at AKR. She LOVED it. She got really lucky and had two divers and two dolphins...lots of attention.

Diver63:

Try UNEXO in the Bahamas

Randy

over memorial day weekend at reefs end out at molikini (maui) i ran into a pod of spinner dolphins underwater with a camera in hand. it was intense and they are ridiculously fast. i got 2 decent shots

Back
Top Bottom