Essential dive library

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I can get a used paperback version of Jablonski's book for only $192? I'm ordering it right away.

vladimir:
I can get a used paperback version of Jablonski's book for only $192? I'm ordering it right away.

At that price order 2 and send me one Please! what a deal :eyebrow:

vladimir:

LOL...That'd better be a really informative book, or one of tremendous historical significance.

Nice list Grier.
Why no "The taming of the Slough"?

Jason

Hi there Grier

Great list - I've read half of them so now I'm going to have to pull my wallet out and buy the other half.. :(

One omission would be the NOAA Diving Manual. This huge volume is the most comprehensive guide to all forms of diving that I've seen.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Very nice. Glad to see Neutral Buoyancy was there. I really enjoyed that one.

Nice list. Thanks. I thought I had read everything on SCUBA diving already :wink:

Thanks for the comments.

As for Taming of the Slough, I was limited to the top 25, and it just didn't make the cut as far as general interest goes. I had to leave out quite a few volumes from my shelves. I think I'm going to create a couple of other ones for cavern/cave, training, wrecks, sea life, literature, etc. I really like that list feature, as it lets you send your buddies all the info that the need to pick up copies of the books that you're recommending. Next, we'll have to see if we can do the same thing for DVDs.

And as for the DIR book, I don't know what was happening there. I think I bought mine at the little shop in High Springs for around $14 a couple of years ago. Maybe that's Halcyon pricing...

Interestingly, they also list that pricing for the Dive Into History books. Has anybody seen the street pricing on them? I think there's a set of three. I'm especially interested in the U-boat volume.

Hope somebody somewhere got underwater today. Here, the weather was pretty nasty.

-G

Good list! But breaking it out into more tech/teaching books vs. bios/adventures would be helpful.

I'd add "Fatal Treasure" about the hunt for the Atocha to the list.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom