Freaks??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just noticed last night that all the NDI Chapters now have there own 'titles' rather than just Ontario, Florida and Texas.

Thanks LD and KN!

The "name" is not cast in stone.... We had to start with something. We are permitted to change the name (though we can't keep changing it).

So suggestions for a better name will be considered. I'm not going through a voting process for the name it would get just too complex.

So suggest a name, and why you think the name is a good choice. It needs to be done soon as our logo is being designed as was 'speak', and the name should be incorporated in the design.

"The Diving Mooses"

(Or is that Meeses?) (No, that's that cartoon with Pixie and Dixie)

"The Great White North Chapter of the Texas Swamp Diving Team"

Hmmm...kinda long though, and the acronym would be an alphabet soup....

Seriously though....

How about "The Great White North Dive Team" ???

Your symbol would be a dive flag maple leaf (like my avatar, but the leaf instead of the shape of Texas) with show drifts on it.

And I'd like to put in my suggestion that the chapters of NDI use the convention of "Dive Team" as part of their names. This way it promotes working together, and that were are subsets of a larger whole.

Originally posted by TexasMike
"The Great White North Chapter of the Texas Swamp Diving Team"

Hmmm...kinda long though, and the acronym would be an alphabet soup....

Now, now, Mike - it figures you would start trying claim ownership of our group up here! Wait til we submit our bill, that'll get you disowning us! :wink:

from Thorndike*Barnhart Comprehensive Desk Dictionary

freak, n,1. something very queer or unusual. 2.a sudden change of mind without reason; odd notion or fancy.

I don't think of you Canadians this way.
I know I don't have a vote, but I say change it!!

I like TM's last suggestions.

( I hope I didn't misspell anything in this post) :wink:

I think that TM's idea is not bad. A Red Maple Leaf with a white dive stripe through it. Maybe a little bit to much like the texas logo but not a bad idea. I don't much like the meaning of the word freak as described above, but not like I have a lot of ideas!!

Well now, from The Concise Oxford Dictionary

Freak: a person with a specified enthusiasm or interest

. . . I think that matches the divers up here

Back
Top Bottom