Deep Nikonos II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimJim

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at photographing a wreck that lies in 167 fow. Thats the outer limits for my old Nikonos II. The dive plan is to spend the precious bottom time cruising the deck of an old schooner at 150 fow and snap pictures as I go. Any special precautions camerawise? I've had her down 125 previously with normal prep and no problems.

Tanks

Jim

SwimJim:
I am looking at photographing a wreck that lies in 167 fow. Thats the outer limits for my old Nikonos II. The dive plan is to spend the precious bottom time cruising the deck of an old schooner at 150 fow and snap pictures as I go. Any special precautions camerawise? I've had her down 125 previously with normal prep and no problems.

Tanks

Jim

Jim the old N2 should be able to withstand at least 250. I would worry about the camera, I think it will do just fine.

The Nik II was built like a tank. Although the depth rating is 150 ft I have had my Nik V at 200 feet on the Maria Bahn in Bonaire with no ill effects. It's funny that especially on the ikelite housing that I use now you can hear the camera case popping on the way down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom