Fitness Challenge - anyone still doing it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiveGirl

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want in - I'm tired of being tired... I'm tired of having extra weight on me. HELP!!!

i've been on a plataeu for awhile... need to get back on the horse and lose another 10#...

been starting to weight myself more often and watch what i eat more...

lamont:
i've been on a plataeu for awhile... need to get back on the horse and lose another 10#...

been starting to weight myself more often and watch what i eat more...
Yeh i kind of hit one, but then stopped again for a while, there is a horse out there with my saddle on it!

My advice is not to weigh yourself too often, once a week is usually enough, to give time for loss, daily is way too much as you wont see any real movement and of course you change a little everyday just through eating/drinking and disposing of what you ate as well as building muscle and burning fat. When i am less active i try to eat less, so i dont gain during a period when i dont give time for exercising, however that is only a stop gap and not a dieting strategy.

NJDiveGirl:
I want in - I'm tired of being tired... I'm tired of having extra weight on me. HELP!!!
NJDiveGirl, Get on a diet plan,(With your dr's okay) and weigh in once a week. You can weigh yourself at home (be honest) , then post it here either on Tuesday or Thursday. Some members I see do weight watchers , I myself like Richard Simmons food movers, Then of course try to get in some exercise,(with dr's okay)As you will see by past post NO One is perfect. My only advice is "Try and Don't give up." Good luck!
Turtle Gal

I'm still in but it's been verrrrrrry slow going, I thrilled that it's finally fresh veggie season!!! Now I can walk through the produce section and fill my cart with good stuff instead of wandering the store looking for something/anything healthy that looks edible.

Been working on it for about 6 months. So far so good, lost 6.5 lbs, body fat went down 5%. Luckily a new gym opened up very close to where I live so it is a bit easier to try to work out.

I had fallen off the wagon of checking and watching everything I ate. Doing better now, back in the gym. Had gone from 89kg to 96, but back to 94kg again. I'm back to watching what I eat (cutting refined sugar mostly), lifting weights and doing cardio exercise. I found that taking a CD player and putting my favourite CD of MP3 tunes (Juan Luis Guerra y su 4:40), I can do a solid 45min-1hour without really noticing. Really helps. Will weigh again next week. Mental inertia is the worst enemy to good health. Getting off the sofa is the hardest. After getting away from the kitchen and to the gym, it's easier. Peer help also is vital. Good luck to all, and wish me luck. I am doing what I did last year to motivate myself--hang my wetsuit by bedroom mirror. I don't expect to look "hot" in it, but my goal is at least to look "decent" in it. Works! Ciao for now....

Getting back in the saddle. The local health club is now offering personal training.
Let's see where that will get me.

Can anyone join in?

I've decided to lose the spare tyre, and although I don't expect to get the 6 pack abs I had as a teen, I wouldn't mind a flat tummy again.

Got myself a rowing machine, and started rowing regularly last week. Been rowing aminimum of 5000m (about 15000 feet I guess) a day, though last night I got excited and did 7282m (the 282 was the cool down period)

I weight 83kg now, though I doubt that will change, as I have always seemed to weigh about 80kg whether I have been fit or tubby.

Well, time for my row :)

Z...

I've been cutting way back on the carbs this week. Not exactly atkins, but no sugar, restricted amounts of whole wheat bread, etc. I wind up eating cheese like a fiend for a little while, then I can cut back and its all salads and chicken and reasonably healthy food.

I've got dive plans tonight and tomorrow, but as soon as I get a free day I really need to hit the pool and check it out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom