Keeping a Logbook

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I understand that keeping a logbook is important for many reasons. I finished my SSI course about a 1.5 years ago and I have an ssi logbook. I have ran out of pages. I can get some refill pages at the local dive shop but they are very high (like 20 bucks for about 20-30 pages). I thought about just getting a small pad from office depot but I like the blank spaces on the dive logs. I thought about just making a copy of the pages in the divelog but i have no blank ones. I also thought that someone may have created a log of there own and posted it on the net somewhere but no luck there either. How do you guys keep up with your dives?

When I completed my first log book I just started keeping track of them in a journal. Nothing special.

There are several threads on log sheets (with the log sheets that others have created) on the board, you might want to run a search.

Aloha,
Lisa

av8er23:
I thought about just making a copy of the pages in the divelog but i have no blank ones.

If you like the format of your current log pages, take a page that's not too badly "messed up", make a single copy, then white-out all the information from that copy. Then make copies of the copy and you're all set.

Many of us who still log our dives on paper use log pages that we've created ourselves, using word processors or whatever.

The SSI insert I bought takes you from level 2 (12 dives) to level 6 (100 dives) for around $23.00. I'm sure you can find a generic logbook cheaper, ask you LDS about the Diver Passport log book if you don't like the SSI one. Most commercial Logs have semi-waterproof pages that won't fall apart if they get damp, unlike a template that you could print yourself.

If you have Microsoft Access, I'll be glad to send you a little Access database that I use. It prints log sheets with the little grid on 8 1/2" x 11" paper and lets you keep track of your stats. Drop me a PM with your email address if you're interested.

Otherwise, here's a PDF version of a tech/nitrox log sheet that I downloaded (I think it was from the PADI website) a while back.

You might want to check www.scubase.org as they have an excellent software program that keeps all the records you could think of and prints them out in a log book format. It'll will also takes the profile data from most popular dive computers.

DI_Guy:
You might want to check www.scubase.org as they have an excellent software program that keeps all the records you could think of and prints them out in a log book format. It'll will also takes the profile data from most popular dive computers.
Actually, its
www.scubase.net

The other URL points to Sharkpoint, a Scubase competitor. Seems pretty tacky to me.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom