Does anyone shoot cudda?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I live in arkansas and only dive lakes and freshwater when I get funds I plan on shootin some blue water. I was just wonderin if anyone here shoots cudda. I am kinda crazy and the most dangerous fish roun here are gar and I have no prob shootin a huge gar with a spear and gettin mauled. Just kiddin but Ill shoot a huge gar.

Occasionally. Sometimes they just hang out too close for too long. Sneaky bast**ds. I clean them as soon as I get them on the boat too. Try to get a stone shot though. They have a reputation for aggression but the ones I've shot act like I would if I had the equivalent of a fence post shot through me. Hank

I think they are an excellent eating fish when bled and gutted. I will shoot them any chance I get!

Barracuda are regularly eaten by people in the Bahamas and other Carribean islands. You do need to understand that large Barracuda can carry a sometimes deadly bacteria called Ciguatera. Large Grouper and Snapper can also carry this poisionous bacteria.

DennisW:
Barracuda are regularly eaten by people in the Bahamas and other Carribean islands. You do need to understand that large Barracuda can carry a sometimes deadly bacteria called Ciguatera. Large Grouper and Snapper can also carry this poisionous bacteria.
They seem like they would be fun to go after, I like a good challenge.

I don't shoot 'cuda. Don't eat 'em either (well, maybe in a restaurant without knowing it).
Rick

DennisW:

For the record Dennis, ciguatera is a toxin produced by an algae. This algae is consumed by reef fishes and accumulates in their system. Predator fish that eat these fish accumulate it in higher doses. You're right about the snappers, groupers etc but it's not a bacteria. Hank

Back
Top Bottom