Lanyards to tether children to buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgj

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or used long lanyards that can tether a child to an adult buddy while snorkeling or diving? How safe is this practice, in the right conditions of course!
And where can you buy them, or do you have to make them yourself?
Thanks

when i take my kids out i normally just hang onto there elbow. that way i can guide them in the direction that is safe to go, they love to be draged round by dad, if it's real safe i just swim out the back and keep them between me and the shore, kids love time spent with parents this is one sport that we can all do as a family soon they will pinch my scuba kit can't wait. hope this helps kids aged 12,10,7. :07:

I hate it when I see kids or wives tied to the ultimate dive leader.

I came in here because you of the title. I couldn't figure out why you wanted to tie children to your buddy, but now it makes sense.

Personally, I wouldn't feel safe tied to anything. I'd rather not be tethered if I can help it while submerged in a dangerous environment. Holding it between two hands would be ok though.

If you need to hang onto them or they need to hang onto you, then someone doesn't need to be diving yet.

My Dad and I certified together in 1971 when I was 13, and until I was 16 we were always tethered together... hand in hand.

sgj:
Has anyone seen or used long lanyards that can tether a child to an adult buddy while snorkeling or diving?
Have you tried duct tape?

Making sure high visibility gear is involved for all and low visibility water is avoided is my comment.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom