Fish references

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moosepks

Registered
Reaction score
I am heading to St. Thomas in a week to dive in salt water for the first time. I am looking for some fish ID references, either books or websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

knotical:
Agreed. Paul Humaan's series of books are the easiest ones to use. The organization of the book... by basic body shapes, then by families makes things easy to find.

The 24 page waterproof versions are great for taking onto boats, although they have only the most common stuff, and they really are meant only as companions to Humaan's larger books.

SeaHawk Press prints a nice 64 page waterproof boook on Coral and Fishes by Idaz & Jerry Greenburg that works well as a standalone reference. Waterproof versions are available. Great for looking at between dives.

Charlie99:
snip....SeaHawk Press prints a nice 64 page waterproof boook on Coral and Fishes by Idaz & Jerry Greenburg that works well as a standalone reference. Waterproof versions are available. Great for looking at between dives.
Wow! I used the underwater version in the BVI’s 30 some years ago. Sure made my friends laugh, “You really do always have a book don’t you?”, very popular in the surface though. The cover is getting flaky and the staples rusty but didn’t start until about 3 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom