Scuba Equpment USA a joke? Where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakemmx

New
Reaction score
I ordered a wetsuit from them, and it was apparently on back order for a month. (I found this after 2 emails and a phone call) What really pisses me off is that they didnt even try to contact me (says they will clearly in the shipping policy) The card used has recently been cancled for another, so at least they cant charge me for it when my cancel request likely doesnt go through.

Has anyone else had a terrible experience with this company?
Who online is reliable?

jakemmx:
I ordered a wetsuit from them, and it was apparently on back order for a month. (I found this after 2 emails and a phone call) What really pisses me off is that they didnt even try to contact me (says they will clearly in the shipping policy) The card used has recently been cancled for another, so at least they cant charge me for it when my cancel request likely doesnt go through.

Has anyone else had a terrible experience with this company?
Who online is reliable?

I would definatley recommend scubatoys.com. Larry will pricematch competitors and offers a discount for scubaboard members, just mention it when you call. I just ordered 2 wetsuits and some other stuff from them 2 weeks ago and received it all within a couple days.

moosepks:
I would definatley recommend scubatoys.com. Larry will pricematch competitors and offers a discount for scubaboard members, just mention it when you call. I just ordered 2 wetsuits and some other stuff from them 2 weeks ago and received it all within a couple days.

I second the opinion on Scubatoys and would also like to mention that they also offer manufacturer's warranties. Most online shops offer none at all or their own warranty which is usually not as good.

Another good online store, which I've only used for wetsuits and drysuits only, is: Divetank.com. They have great service and a good warranty setup.

Some dive shops are terrible communicators. They don't follow-up with delivery information and think customers are willing to wait forever to get what they order. Then they wonder why the competition is eating their lunch. We have something like this going on now, we don't get any updates and when we call they don't have the answer and we need to call again.

As an engineer I'm constantly purchasing stuff from serious people and getting what when and where info is not rocket science. I think some dive gear sellers are hobbies gone wild.

That was my rant, thanks for your time. And sorry you had to run into another such operation.

Pete

Other than the places already mentioned, I like:
www.scuba.com
Very good service and all their stuff comes with the manufacturers warranty.

caveat emptor. Hmm, I've never had to send an e-mail to my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom