I start my first OW dives tomarrow.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

8dDUCE

Reaction score
Well, I've bought all my gear, packed my bag, and re checked it. I have studied my book and RDP. I learned alot in the confined water classes, so tomarrow I will get to put it all to use. I will be certified on Sunday 3 July, if all goes well.

I wish to thank everyone for the information I have collected here. You all have helped my assemble my gear (purchase) and have given me alot to look forward to. I look forward to hopefully being able to return the favor in the future.

I am now going to make sure my dive buddy is squared away. I will post more on how my first OW dive went tomarrow. Thanks again for all your help. Scott Zeagle you were a Big Help, THANK YOU! 8dDUCE. (Scott Nagy).

Good luck!
Two addtional things to NOT forget:
1. Breathe!
2. Enjoy yourself!

DId I mention don't forget to breathe? LOL

hey i'm doing my OW dives tomorrow too... best of luck

mattroz:
hey i'm doing my OW dives tomorrow too... best of luck

Wow, you saw something on your first dive! My first dive was in Lake Tahoe in October 1996. Full 7mil Farmer John, hood, gloves, gobs of lead around my waist. Thought I would never make it to the water before croaking. Felt like the Michelin Man! LOL!
During the dive itself, I think I saw a crawdad, but it may have just been a piece of wood at the bottom, moving with the water...

Any other experienced divers have anything to relate about their first training dive?

Doing OW dives 3 and 4 tomorrow. I don't think I will be sleeping to well tonight.

Good luck to all of you,

BRC

Have a great time all of you getting in tomorrow for the first time. Gee it feels good to be able to say I'm a few weeks ahead of you all after waiting sooo long.

Relax, breathe steady, and take your time. It's about being comfortable in the water and with your skills, not about being fast. You shouldn't expect to be doing anything you haven't already mastered in the pool just doing it in more interesting surroundings. The freedom of the freeswim/tour segments will make the pool time pale by comparrison.

Goodluck, and report back.

Pete

divetahoe:
Wow, you saw something on your first dive! My first dive was in Lake Tahoe in October 1996. Full 7mil Farmer John, hood, gloves, gobs of lead around my waist. Thought I would never make it to the water before croaking. Felt like the Michelin Man! LOL!
During the dive itself, I think I saw a crawdad, but it may have just been a piece of wood at the bottom, moving with the water...

Any other experienced divers have anything to relate about their first training dive?

My first OW dive was in similar conditions. The only thing I saw was a bluegill and a bigass albino catfish. That one caught me off guard.

OW certification done!!! Had a great time ended up with 4 dives as there was some students just starting with theirs so I got to tag along and get some bottom time. As far as what I saw, We dove at four different spots along Anacapa Island and I saw a ton of fish, seals, a bat ray and finally spent some time within the kelp forest. Very cool and I will be doing it again ASAP. Hope everything is going well with everyone else.

BRC

BRC:
OW certification done!!! Had a great time ended up with 4 dives as there was some students just starting with theirs so I got to tag along and get some bottom time. As far as what I saw, We dove at four different spots along Anacapa Island and I saw a ton of fish, seals, a bat ray and finally spent some time within the kelp forest. Very cool and I will be doing it again ASAP. Hope everything is going well with everyone else.

BRC

Congratulations, dive often and safely. Now the fun begins.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom