Don't forget your first aid kit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fookisan

Reaction score
On a recent trip to USVI and BVI I was reminded of the importance of a well stocked first aid kit. I injured my toe in the beginning of the trip and had to change the dressing dozens of times for the remainder of the trip. Was very grateful I had brought 2 first aid kits. Don't forget yours on your next dive - and keep it dry in a pelican style box.

Dan

fookisan:
On a recent trip to USVI and BVI I was reminded of the importance of a well stocked first aid kit. I injured my toe in the beginning of the trip and had to change the dressing dozens of times for the remainder of the trip. Was very grateful I had brought 2 first aid kits. Don't forget yours on your next dive - and keep it dry in a pelican style box.

Dan

Especially if diving in a third world country. Sterile medical supplies are in short supply in many places, especially in areas already struck by disaster recently (tsunami, etc).

Good advice Dan.

fookisan:

Dan

Good point, What do you have in yours?

dmpaq20:
Good point, What do you have in yours?

I have not really put one together for international travel, but this is my local kit:

Pocket mask (for CPR)
Antiseptic wipes
Band-aids
Vinegar
Various sterile gauze bandages:
4x4’s
5x9’s
trauma dressing
2 rolls Kerlix
Tape
Pepto Bismal tablets
Paramedic scissors
Instant cold pack
Latex gloves
Emergency blanket (foil)
Neosporin
Bottle of sterile water
Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope (not necessary for most)

I also have my O2 kit that I bring to the beach or when diving on a friend's boat.

I have the same as DaFireMedic, but I also carry a couple of splints, some goggles, lots of gloves, flashlight and some oral airways. Mine is also more than the normal person would carry, but I take it with me when I camp or got boating as well as when I dive. The American Heart Association has a great list in their first aid text book of a list of suggested supplies for a first aid kit. Another place to check is the DIY channel at www.diynetwork.com under kits. They have all these different 'kits' with suggestions on what to put in them.

A few things that I seem to use the most.

1.After Bite stick,basically it's a convenient non spillable form of ammonia(3.5 %),denatures those pesky venom peptides like vinegar but won't leave my box smelling like salad dressing.

2. Hydrocortizone cream for after treatment #1

3. a pair of tiny needle nose splinter tweezers,it seems urchins find me on wreck dives.

I also have pretty much the same as DaFireMedic and diveremt the only difference is my kit is built to hold my o2 tank inside and down the middle. All my disposable equipments goes around it. I keep my two bvm's adult/child with it and they sit on the ends of the tank. along with my two bendable splints I always carry at least 6 kervats, eye wash adult/child bp cuff along with a little air way kit, none re breather and nasal can, tweezers and a small bottle of peroxide in the kit also

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom