Navy Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandmanw

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am a student in Boston and a midshipman in Navy ROTC. I am looking for someone who could talk to me about being a navy diver and what my career options and pipe-line would look like as a junior officer. One thing that I've talked to some enlisted guys about is the Mobile Diving and Salvage units, and I like the sound of what they do. From what I understand, it seems like once all is said and done, the enlisted guys get to do most of the diving. One of the things that I’m wondering is once I go through dive school, am I just going to end up as a dive locker manager and not get to dive? I would like to be able to dive as much as possible. If any one out there knows anything about this, or could refer me to someone that has some experience in the field, I would be extremely appreciative. Thanks!

Hi Sandman,

have a look at the military divers forum, they might know a bit more.

Laurens

EDIT:

Nevermind...I found it. I didn't even know there was a singles forum any more either, yeesh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom