what do pinoy divers do for a living?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i got this idea from a more "international" forum... would like to make survey though a little closer to home

this counts if you're:
a) a pinoy diver
b) dive the philippines a lot
c) are from a different race but bleed san mig just the same
d) know the answer to "bababa ba?"
e) any combination of the above
f) some item not mentioned above but should have been

so now that we got that out of the way (and the mods won't transfer this elsewhere)

what do you do for a living? how do you pay for your dives? who do you have to sleep with to dive? and such related questions.

i'm a full time faculty at the De la salle college of saint benilde... vice chair of the multimedia arts program teaching video production and handling thesis groups

i'm also a freelance corp-com writer and director; also do TV and live event hosting as well as do sports annotating for beach volley games

the rest of the time i'm a media prostitute - anything and everything in front and behind the camera for money!

now you

Jag

PS
i have to sleep with my wife to get to dive :eyebrow:

What do you do for a living?
- I package dives in Ticao and other divesites in Legazpi.
- Off season I ask for dough from mom.

How do you pay for your dives?
- I don't... they pay me to dive.

Who do you have to sleep with to dive?
- I sleep with my girl to dive.

I don't live in the Philippines anymore. I would be considered "Old School" Took a class from Ben Sarmiento many years ago. Moved to the US and became a "Scuba Bum".

On all my trips home to the Philippines, there has always been a dive trip with it. I have been to Palawan, Tubataha, Moalboal, Mactan , Cabilao, Balicasag, Puerto Galera and of course Anilao. I have some friends that are still in the Scuba Business in the Philippines so I always get invited to dive there.

Scuba got me out trouble and it has been my life since 1978. Could not afford to do any diving after I got certfied in Manila. I found a job at a dive store while going to school in the US. I dropped out of school and became a Scuba Instructor and worked in the store.

I started my own business (dive store) for 20 years ago. So my job is teaching, selling, repairing SCUBA. I personally teach the technical side of our education program. Being that my store is located in the Upper Midwest (Minnesota), most of our diving is in the Great Lakes and local lakes. We go deep (150'-300') to look at wrecks.

It will be interesting to see what jobs most "Pinoy Divers" have. Most of my Pinoy diving friends are in the business or used to be in the business. None of my childhood friends dive. It is still seen as an expensive sport with my Manila crowd.

A younger brother and his wife are Faculty members at UP Visayas Marine Bio department, so I get first hand information on dive sites divers never get to see.

I miss the diving there. I have been to a lot of destination in the world. It is always great to come home and hang out with the "barkada" over a couple of Kuatro Kantos with water chaser, and Chicharon Bituka for pulutan.

i did one sememester of Laboratory teaching in De Lasalle University , ECE college way back in 2001 (as i remember) to help the ECE college when they needed manpower help. i just did one sem as the schedule eats into my weekend dives. when a class gets suspended or is postponed we need to do a make up either at night or on the weekends. the whole week day in day out am in the office. and they want me to do make-up classes on weekends....

my main line of work is very much ingrained in Commercial Advertising industry in the philippines.

i don't drink alcoholic beverages. so i guess i don't qualify as one of the respondents

Based on the san mig alone I qualify. I wasn't born, I was brewed. haha

I work in the printing/packaging business weekdays. On the weekends I work as a DM/Instructor. Sometimes I teach in the evenings. My schedule keeps me busy but I love both jobs.

And since my wife visits these boards, I only sleep with her. I will maintain that position even under threat of bodily harm or death.

what is the nick of your wife visiting the Board?

partridge:
Based on the san mig alone I qualify. I wasn't born, I was brewed. haha

I work in the printing/packaging business weekdays. On the weekends I work as a DM/Instructor. Sometimes I teach in the evenings. My schedule keeps me busy but I love both jobs.

And since my wife visits these boards, I only sleep with her. I will maintain that position even under threat of bodily harm or death.

San miguel used to be a part of my daily diet, i have limited it to the weekend now.

What do you do for a living?
I am an aspiring exporter and current manufacturer of wooden doors and jambs. we supply the doors to your home, condos and the like. we specialize in custom woodworking except furnitures. Also in the works of setting up a novelity tee shirt company founded on funky, edgy designs.

How do you pay for your dives?
i usually save or alot a certain portion of my earnings to diving, since i just started this year its kinda expensive becasue i dive every other weekend. it all add up:)

its great though that my girlfriend dives, if not we would be cats and dogs!

I am into brand management for a soy sauce brand :) my dives are funded by my salary but hopefull it will become a self-sustaining hobby as soon as I become a professional instructor.

My girlfriend is a diver (PADI Rescue Diver) as such I do not need to sleep with anyone else (not that I would sleep with someone if she were not into diving :11: )

Back
Top Bottom