Inherent buoyancy info?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any way to find the inherent buoyancy of my Seaquest Pro QD+? I'm switching to a BP/W and am trying to figure out how much weight I will need. I hope I won't need any other than the SS plate, but....

thanks

teknitroxdiver:
Is there any way to find the inherent buoyancy of my Seaquest Pro QD+? I'm switching to a BP/W and am trying to figure out how much weight I will need. I hope I won't need any other than the SS plate, but....

thanks
The easiest way to determine that is to empty the bladder and way down the BCD until it just sinks. If you do it between dives, it's a way to waste a few minutes of your surface interval when you're changing tanks. You'll probably find it has a few lbs of buoyancy.

If you want to be conservative when determining the amount of weight you'll require when you switch to a bp, start from the total weight in your BCD and subtract the weight of the bp and sta. That will be the upper limit from which you should be able to drop down by a few lbs.

Back
Top Bottom