BC Damage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Here's the dilemma.
So after 2 wonderful dives on Sunday.
I'm doing the 3rd dive, give ok signal to buddy, give down signal..
I pull on the string for the right rear dump valve and it promptly falls out into my hand.

Ok, I did pull rather hard, but I didn't certainly didn't expect the string to come out of the dump valve.
So my question is, is there any way I can unscrew the dump valve and re-attach the string somehow?
I imagine that there could be a way possibly? My BC has 2 other dump valves so it's still quite functional.
DSCF0562Medium.jpg

DSCF0563Medium.jpg

Yea, when you unscrew that, you will see there is simply a big spring, and another piece of plastic that has a rubber gasket on it. You thread the string through the out piece you've just unscrewed, through the center of the spring, then it will go into the center of the last piece, and you tie a knot in the end. You will have to peel up the rubber gasket to get the string through... then just glue it back with some aquaseal.

Then inflate, make sure everything holds air and you're good to go. Top to bottom... about a 2 minute fix.

Here you go... in case you need a photo of what you're getting into... this is what it would look like with the knot tied... before you put the rubber gasket back in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom