July 2 one dive report only

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
hehehehhe

Friday night went to bed 11:00pm , woke up at 12 midnight , forgot to set the celphone to mute. someone sent me a text message of their new cel number

and that kept me up until 5am, at 5:15am is pick up time for me

so i just had an itsibitsy sleep of just 1 hr.

just a few minutes arriving at the resort we geared up. our first dive : bahura ligpo.

at 90ft i got serious NARC hit. all the way to 110ft. i could have slept then and there with that "HIT" !!!!

my head was SOOOOOOOO LIGHT headed then. but after a few minutes , probably adrenalin set in it countered the chemicals in me.

we saw a good size octopus , it was so confident that it just stayed in its hole even of we went around it.

not much activity, most probably due to fishing earlier on the same site. but the fusiliers were all at the side making up a huge wall beside the bahura.

but that was a LOOOONG dive for us, my computer was already beeping to do a 10ft deco stop (we were still at 100 ft) , i approached my buddy , who also showed me his computer ,in DECO mode already. hehehhehe

that was a nice loooong dive , no divers to attend to hehehehheh just ourselves.

the next deep dive we did the next day at 120ft we just explored the deep end of the reef as there was a remora who came to use the afternoon of July 2 at 90ft. so we premised, if there's a remora there's a shark nearby..... well we didn't see the shark. but we intend to check out the 140ft end next time .....

Even though it sounds like diving after not enough sleep and being narc'd is a cool thing to do, I'm sure that's not what you'd condone. Unfortunately, there may be some impressionable newbies reading the board :p

paolov:
hehehehhe

Friday night went to bed 11:00pm , woke up at 12 midnight , forgot to set the celphone to mute. someone sent me a text message of their new cel number

and that kept me up until 5am, at 5:15am is pick up time for me

just a few minutes arriving at the resort we geared up. our first dive : bahura ligpo.

at 90ft i got serious NARC hit. all the way to 110ft. i could have slept then and there with that "HIT" !!!!

my head was SOOOOOOOO LIGHT headed then. but after a few minutes , probably adrenalin set in it countered the chemicals in me.

we saw a good size octopus , it was so confident that it just stayed in its hole even of we went around it.

not much activity, most probably due to fishing earlier on the same site. but the fusiliers were all at the side making up a huge wall beside the bahura.

but that was a LOOOONG dive for us, my computer was already beeping to do a 10ft deco stop (we were still at 100 ft) , i approached my buddy , who also showed me his computer ,in DECO mode already. hehehhehe

that was a nice loooong dive , no divers to attend to hehehehheh just ourselves.

the next deep dive we did the next day at 120ft we just explored the deep end of the reef as there was a remora who came to use the afternoon of July 2 at 90ft. so we premised, if there's a remora there's a shark nearby..... well we didn't see the shark. but we intend to check out the 140ft end next time .....

chilipino:
Even though it sounds like diving after not enough sleep and being narc'd is a cool thing to do, I'm sure that's not what you'd condone. Unfortunately, there may be some impressionable newbies reading the board :p

Thank you for pointing the danger in the post. Sorry for sending out the wrong message.

Definitely i do not condone such act. as a matter of fact i was surprised to be narced so early and so strongly that i wanted to share the experience.

the lesson here is NOT being macho but the RISKS INCREASES when you have not enough rest prior the dive. (was not stated in the initial post)

I went on with the dive as i have checked the tide charts days before July 2 and at that time it was to be slack tide , hence minimal current at that site. We are very familiar with the site and i was with another Instructor who i know also is very safety conscious and we know each others dive preference that we trust each other that we would abort if anyone of us says so.

As far as the deco stop is concerned, we had the same deco warning and we matched our air , we had more than half a tank full each. this was due to our very relaxed paced and no worries of other divers with us.

another lesson is finding a buddy that matches your dive profile .

Another Lesson is there will always be a next time if you don't push the limit too much.

Again this does not intend to be a showoff post. If you guys would like to have this thread removed then i would have it removed.

paolov:

i have done numerous dives with around an hour of sleep and i never got narced. i guess our bodies react differently. i have only narced once or twice and it was all due to my irresponsible drinking of alcohol the night before. never again.

Spoon:
i have done numerous dives with around an hour of sleep and i never got narced. i guess our bodies react differently. i have only narced once or twice and it was all due to my irresponsible drinking of alcohol the night before. never again.

another lesson, our bodies react differently hence peer pressure is really a no- no

seriously, that was so much a "HIT" that that was the first time i felt such a hit , never felt that even on our dives for more than 20 mins. at depths more than 150ft. i really wanted to just close my eyes then and there and sleep at 90ft.

NOT a good way to "sleep with the fishies" i assure you...

actually it's good you mentioned the story... worst narc i got was a moment of vertigo/disorientation my first (hell only!) time at 100... but it's good to know what funny things creep up on you

Jag

paolov:
another lesson, our bodies react differently hence peer pressure is really a no- no

seriously, that was so much a "HIT" that that was the first time i felt such a hit , never felt that even on our dives for more than 20 mins. at depths more than 150ft. i really wanted to just close my eyes then and there and sleep at 90ft.

first time i narced was at 102 ft. it was my 5th dive, first fun dive. i felt it coming slowly at 90 ft. before i knew it i was in mario bros. land i knew the familiar feeling (laughing gas etc) signalled for the dms to take me up a few feet, i was very disoriented and it subsided immediately. that is the only time i have gotten NARCED.

i still narc once in a while but its the sort of narc you can fight with concentration and focus. the sort of narc you can choose to entertain by closing your eyes or choose to fight by concentrating hard. do you get what im saying?

Spoon:
i still narc once in a while but its the sort of narc you can fight with concentration and focus. the sort of narc you can choose to entertain by closing your eyes or choose to fight by concentrating hard. do you get what im saying?

yup, that's the similar narc i get at depths morethan 110ft. although the "normal" narc hits i get just puts an unremovable smile on my lips for a while, pure enjoyment is the normal narc i get. so the light headed narc hit i got was a new one for me, made me really very sleepy.

Nitrogen Narcosis is funny stuff - On air i start to get the warm fuzzies somewhere around 100 feet and they intensify right up to around 135. Kind of pleasant, a bit slow but doesn't 'feel' incapacitating. At 140 I start to get really slow and stupid, harder and harder to concentrate. My deepest is at the top of the 140s and honestly, i don't think it's safe to go any deeper for me (on air - maybe we'll see about trimix at some point).

Me at 148 feet:

Goooo thaaaattttt wayyyyyy . . . . whiiiiiiiccchhhhhh waaayyyyyy?????? Oh yeahhhhhhh . . . thaaaattttt wayyyyyyy . . . . checkkkkkk sppppggggg . . . movvvvvvvveeeee arrrrrmmmmmm . . .hmmmm . . . yupppp . . . .ok . . . puttttt spggggggg backkkkkk . . . .waittttt . . . what did it sayyyyyyy . . . movvveeee arrrrmmmmmmmm againnnnnnn . . . . :wink:

Dopey!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom