Hurricane Dennis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you should worry more about TD 4/TS-H Dennis that is coming our way - just see where the front between TX and the Great Lakes goes, if it stalls we are seeing that 'cane, if it keeps moving we might dodge that bullet next weekend :wink:

The tropical weather is lining up for an assault on the Northern Gulf coast. TS Cindy and TD4 headed our way.
Sheeesh!
Gulf diving from Beaumont to Appalachicola's gonna be mighty iffy for the next two weeks.
Rick :frown:

That's OK. You just make sure it's going to be good for the week of the 25th.
You got THAT ? ? ? ? ?

Do I make myself PERFECTLY CLEAR ? ? ? ?

Defintely sucks.

Cindy looks to be heading for New Orleans. I'm heading there in a few minutes for work and won't be returning until Thursday evening. Front row seating, yay?

They are expecting TD#4 to become TS Dennis by the end of the day and conditions are favorable for it to continue building into a Hurricane. Its still damned early too.

I want to see where that frontal system that is linking up from TX to MI is going. That is what will send Cindy NE when she gets on shore. Depending where that front moves, or if it stalls will help steer Dennis as it nears FL and maybe again the Panhandle is in for it again (maybe this year is the Panhandle year like last year was Central Florida?). Of course its still early, but Dennis could swing wildly as it moves up the FL gulf coast depending on a few conditions, but i think that front is a major player, we shall see, supplies are waiting for a decent sized hurricane to pass through here again :wink:

TD4 has just been upgraded to TS Dennis - Earliest ever for four named storms in the Atlantic/Caribbean.
Isn't that just grand?
Rick

Rick Murchison:
TD4 has just been upgraded to TS Dennis - Earliest ever for four named storms in the Atlantic/Caribbean.
Isn't that just grand?
They said it might be a busy season.....

Keep one eye on NHC

If you can figure out that long frontal activity that’s been hanging out for so long you get the meteorologist award for the year. The jet stream has completely flattened out and no highs from the north seem to be able to bust it up. It might be that Cindy is the only thing that will break the cycle of scud across south Georgia that’s been hanging in for over a week.

So we have the high just off Florida and the lows around Central/Latin America all moving Dennis along until some time late on friday, from there its a crap shoot depending on the front (if Cindy helps shift it) and if that high stays just east of Florida, those two look like the major players in steering this hot potato around the Gulf. Could make for some interesting checking on friday on what the situation is looking like if nothing happens any sooner to give a heads up.

Y'all hang tight in LA, AL and MS, looks like it could be a wet night and tomorrow for you, depending what happens with Dennis you might be calling Cindy just a little rainstorm...

Back
Top Bottom