Polespear whats the best tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHARKBAIT94

Reaction score
Hey all,
got a question for yeah. I just got a 4'12 ft spear pole and was wondering what’s the best tip to use. It didn't come with a tip, but looking at the tips at my lds and having no clue what tip would be best to shoot a flounder/fluke. I saw a paralyzer tip with barbs and with out soooooooooo any one got some suggestions I'm open to them. I want to score some fish with out them taking a shot and slipping off the tip and swim off to die. :shakehead

I prefer a 2 flopper spinner design. That keeps a fish from unscrewing the heads from the pole.

One like this:

ThinSpinnerRock.jpg

4'12? Is'n't that a 5' pole? :D

I'm with Wayward, having a lot more luck with the above tip than I did with the 3 pronged tips.

Wayward Son:
I prefer a 2 flopper spinner design. That keeps a fish from unscrewing the heads from the pole.

One like this:

ThinSpinnerRock.jpg

4'12? Is'n't that a 5' pole? :D
:blush: ya know after you pointed that out 4'12 yeah i guess that would be 5' pole :34: I was lookign at that tip but thought that was a little over kill :bigun2: for fluk/flounder but then i was like..... well yeah but then again it would be a good tip for over all use :06: aaaaaaaaaah what the heck its only 5.00 bucks on ebay maybe i'll pick up couple of them.
Thanks wayward

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm with Wayward, having a lot more luck with the above tip than I did with the 3 pronged tips.

Hey man, It's MdkSniper from pbnation.com... remember me? The only person that enjoys underwater photography besides you!

yeah........ wait......... what........ who are you again. So many people know me or of me it's hard to keep track of every one on all the boards. The name is faint but I think I remember, give a detail so I can pick up on it. As to photos I suck. I grabed a puffer in the back bay in point pleasant, under the R.R bridge took a picture and I still missed, got a picture of its back. Before I get the don't touch the sea life lecture. A it did not even try and struggle away, it kind of sat in the palm of my hand. B you all say get as close as you can when taking a photo, well I held him and got super close. At first it kept moving around in front of me and under us. So I thought well I want a picture so I’ll bust it in the head with a rock to make it stand still but then thought naaa people on scuba board will yell at me. I’ll just get a hold of it so I reach grabbed it by the tail and it sat their snapped a picture and let it go. After all that, the stupid fish had the audacity to not even puff up for a picture, instead it followed us around the whole R.R bridge getting into my other shots and the other divers taking pictures. I want to put the 35mm film onto a disk and post them, just got to find the time and place.

****Disclosure. no marine life were injured in the film taking or process, I must insist that no one harm, molest, abuse, harass, or torture any animal when taking pictures.******

haha, that is weird man... I wasn't actually talking to you(sharkbait.) I was talking to Suprbugman, but now that I found out that you have been there too.. Post a link to your pictures, sharkbait..I probably have seen them.....I guess that makes three(each person that posted in this thread) uw photographers from that retarded forum full of half-wits.

MdkSniper:
haha, that is weird man... I wasn't actually talking to you(sharkbait.) I was talking to Suprbugman, but now that I found out that you have been there too.. Post a link to your pictures, sharkbait..I probably have seen them.....I guess that makes three(each person that posted in this thread) uw photographers from that retarded forum full of half-wits.
Thats even funnier that i'm on pbnation too, killerimpulse. So i'm taking it that all three of us are on pb nation and play paintball? Texas storm timmy, black/blue proto yeah boy

MdkSniper:
Hey man, It's MdkSniper from pbnation.com... remember me? The only person that enjoys underwater photography besides you!

OMG, I've been found!

:) Welcome to ScubaBoard

I haven't played paintball in ~2 years-ish. Basically since I became OW certified. This beats the crap out of paintball. I posted with the same screen name at Spyder-Club, PaintballCity, PBNation, PBReview, SpyderZone, SpyderEA, ect.

SuPrBuGmAn:
OMG, I've been found!

:) Welcome to ScubaBoard

I haven't played paintball in ~2 years-ish. Basically since I became OW certified. This beats the crap out of paintball. I posted with the same screen name at Spyder-Club, PaintballCity, PBNation, PBReview, SpyderZone, SpyderEA, ect.

Weeeeeell I don't know if it beats the crap out of paintball but i am defiantly hooked on scuba like a crack addict :demented: :439: .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom