Hose routing delimma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DPS2

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been working on finding the optimum hose routing for my doubles. Here is my setup:

2 PST 104's with Dive Rite mainfold:
Right post: Poseidon 1st stage (dry suit inflator, primary reg, BC inflator
Left post: Apeks DS4 1st stage (backup reg, SPG)

Here is the problem that I am running into... my hoses are getting bent pretty bad as they come off the 1st stage - the necks on my 104's are not that tall. The problem is particularly bad on my left post. I tried to rotate the 1st stage counterclockwise a bit to take the stress off of my SPG hose but then encountered the problem of my backup reg hose going the opposite direction of where it needed to go. Does that make sense?

How I "fixed" the problem is not really how I would like for my hoses to be routed, but it seems like the best way to do it with the 1st stages that I have and without overstressing the hoses where they attach. I moved some of the hoses to the other side of the 1st stage and rotated the 1st stage to be parallel with the tanks. The hoses are now coming off of the 1st stage parallel to the manifold. Basically, it looks almost identical to the link on GUE's site on how not to route hoses! (http://www.gue.com/equipment/regulators8.html) While the routing seems to be more straightforward, I have hoses that are not where I want them to be - but I really don't have much choice! Ideas?

Thanks!

Do you have a digital camera to post a picture of how you've routed the hoses? It might allow someone with doubles to suggest a better routing for those particular regulators.

I have DS4s on both posts... the inflator hose goes straight dwon hits the tank and takes a hard right angle to cross over to the left and the necklace goes down and hits the tank and takes a hard left to cross over to the right... I use stub stress reliefs on them.

All hoses go as straight down as possible from the regs, otherwise you block the access to your knobs.

Note that your backup reg hose and BC hose take almost immediate 90 degree bends to accomplish this. That's normal.

Roak

as roak and up said.

Also I put the drysuit inflator on the left post. That way you will have an alternate inflation source if your primary free flows and you have to shut it down.

omar

Attached is a photo of the bend in the hoses. I rotated the 1st stage a bit to take a bit of the bend out. Actually, it does not look too bad. I had to move my drysuit inflator hose to the left post since Poseidon has only 2 LP ports per side (why does anyone need 2 HP ports on a 1st stage?). Once I did that, I could accomodate everything ... I guess I answered my own question.

Here's a confession.... I was also trying to fgure out a way to be able to use my Super Wing (2 bladders) without completely having to redo my config. That does not seem possible.

My conclusion.... I will trade in the Super Wing for a Super One and buy a lift bag.

The old (bad) way. yech. Be gentle on the replies.

Go Hogs.

Originally posted by DPS2
Here's a confession.... I was also trying to fgure out a way to be able to use my Super Wing (2 bladders) without completely having to redo my config. That does not seem possible.

My conclusion.... I will trade in the Super Wing for a Super One and buy a lift bag.
DPS2.... now that we've got you straightened out on the hose routing we need to turn our attention the the wing selection...
Yes on selling the Super Wing... ebay is your friend...
No on trading it in on a Super One.... get a proper Halcyon...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom