Sherwood BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all,
I have a Sherwood Avid BCD & I have only 5 dives with it & have had trouble with it. First the front top dump valve knob came off the pull string then the strap in front of the cumberbun goes through a loop that attachs to the BCD came off. If anyone has had any problems with an Avid please respond to this thread.

Thanks
John

Have you taken it back to wherever you bought it yet? What did they say?

JMdiver:
Hi all,
I have a Sherwood Avid BCD & I have only 5 dives with it & have had trouble with it. First the front top dump valve knob came off the pull string then the strap in front of the cumberbun goes through a loop that attachs to the BCD came off. If anyone has had any problems with an Avid please respond to this thread.

Thanks
John

Mine's going strong after all of 8 dives. There are many in use around here and I found lot's of good words here on SB too. Based on all that I've read and seen I would not be concerned that you made a bad choice. You just have some unfortunate shakedown details.

At any rate it's should not be your problem to solve, have your dealer take care of it.

Pete

I'm bringing it back this morning I got it from Hollywood Divers & so far they have been pretty good about working with me & on returns, I was just wondering if anybody else was having problems with Sherwood BCD's so I can consider another make.

Thanks
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom