BC Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2divedeep

Reaction score
I own a seaquest balance BC and was questioning the positioning of the bottom strap. I was at a LDS and they informed that the strap should be below my belly button. I currently have it at or just above my belly button. I have had problems breathing and they related to my positioning of my strap. I am not sure if this is good advice or a sales ploy to buy a new BC (have a seaquest, trying on a zeagle ranger). Any suggestions on fit or positioning??

2divedeep:
I own a seaquest balance BC and was questioning the positioning of the bottom strap. I was at a LDS and they informed that the strap should be below my belly button. I currently have it at or just above my belly button. I have had problems breathing and they related to my positioning of my strap. I am not sure if this is good advice or a sales ploy to buy a new BC (have a seaquest, trying on a zeagle ranger). Any suggestions on fit or positioning??

Just how your balancing while diving? If you have no problem maintaining your legs up/down/parallel no worries? Otherwise bad balancing creates unnecessary stress and causes breathing problems. Shoulder straps are anyway adjustable so you can leave them longer to get the bottom strap at lower position. It sounds like you maybe having your BC a bit small to fit?

Back
Top Bottom