Have you forgotten something? (Funny stories)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hehe funny stories din muna tayo pinoy sbers.

1. I backrolled from the boat at bahura and I forgot to wear my weight belt!

2. OW certification class (1st check out dive) - On the surface, our instructor signaled to descend, he raised his inflator hose, I raised my reg and we both pressed :11: . hahaha Tawanan lahat! tangengot.

How about you guys?

I have a problem splashing without putting in my integrated weight bags back in my BC, I've done it many times, for the second dive. I always take them out after the first dive before I climb the ladder.

I spend so much time ensuring my kids are ready that I tend to begin my descent with my snorkel still in my mouth. (Wish I could say I've only done it once, but who am I kidding?) Did a shore dive once and after I was past the surf I realized I still had my eyeglasses on. Instructor working with my kids last week told of his brother being a bit overweighted and doing his ascent without turning on his air.

Second time I wore doubles, steel 95s with a 3 mil suit, I forgot to put air in the wings, jumped in and sunk to the bottom of the cavern like a rock! -LOL! No weight belt required :) My instructor said he didn't think I'd make that mistake again, and I haven't.

removing my BCD at 40ft then i began floating up. i forgot i had no weights and no fins!!!!

no fins due to the fact that i was walking on the sand bottom then decided to do some adjustment. i had no weights as i was wearing a SS BP , having no fins i could not propell myself downward ...

hehehehhehehe

descended to about 5 feet when i realized that my reg was not feeding me any air. the tank was not turned open. apparently the bangkeros forgot to turn mine open. i now open it myself now.:)

If the boat is pitching from rolling waves, I prefer to toss my inflated BC and tank/reg overboard then jump in after, don the gear partially in the water, then have my weight belt handed to me before I close the BC.

On a recent dive, I tossed the rig overboard and was preparing to jump off when I realized:
1. my gear was floating out of reach
2. I had my weightbelt on

= if I jumped off the boat, I'd sink to the bottom like a rock than getting to reach for my BC. Hmmm...caught that situation in time, asked the guys to haul the stuff back up the boat. Ha ha!

weremermaid,

I also like to throw my BC over and get suited up in the water, especially on a crowded banca, but I'm only willing to do that when the conditions are very tame - flat and no current. Not trying to be a jerk but when the waves are up and / or the current running I don't think this is a very good idea. With waves it's a great opportunity for your head to meet the outrigger, hard, while you have your head in the water fiddling with your gear and with a current you're likely to end up wit task overload. Imagine - the current is pulling you away quick, you are trying to hold onto the boat while getting your arms through the BC which is also being pulled away from you along with your second stage . . . perfect recipe for panic.

If the conditions are tough I want air and buoyancy, in that order, already at my beck and call when i hit the water!

before one of my OW checkout dives i was watching my instructor take my wife for an intro (balai rock)... i had my gear on (i wasn't going to need all 3000psi anyway) and was going to ghost the group during the intro around the rock... (i had a buddy, a more experienced diver whose boyfriend was introing also)

she submerged and swam ahead, i was at 5 feet then NO AIR! hahahahaha i forgot to turn it on! i even tried to reach back and twist the knob myself but ended up with a pulled arm muscle for my efforts... had to surface and find my footing then reach back and get the tank on...

also happened during my AOW class (what's with me and my tanks during my classes????) assembled my gear in unbearable humidity, lugged it to a shore entry, made sure my buddies were ok, submerged then pffft... no air... idiot

Jag

shugar:
before one of my OW checkout dives i was watching my instructor take my wife for an intro (balai rock)... i had my gear on (i wasn't going to need all 3000psi anyway) and was going to ghost the group during the intro around the rock... (i had a buddy, a more experienced diver whose boyfriend was introing also)

she submerged and swam ahead, i was at 5 feet then NO AIR! hahahahaha i forgot to turn it on! i even tried to reach back and twist the knob myself but ended up with a pulled arm muscle for my efforts... had to surface and find my footing then reach back and get the tank on...

also happened during my AOW class (what's with me and my tanks during my classes????) assembled my gear in unbearable humidity, lugged it to a shore entry, made sure my buddies were ok, submerged then pffft... no air... idiot

Jag

i know hoe that feels!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom