Visibility - Ft. Pierce, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robkae

New
Reaction score
Will be heading down to Ft. Pierce FL to do some lobster hunting in a few weeks. Anyone been diving around there recently? What was the vis like.

Will be working in 25' to the beach.

At the major wrecks there there was 10 to 20 ft visability today in 75 to 90 feet of water - thermocline's there 58 degrees in some places.

Heading in on Friday this week. Any beach reports around Ft. Pierce?

Visibility was pathetic today off the beaches (3ft at best)...probably getting worse, there's a ground swell coming in.

Joe

I was there last Thursday, the thermocline made it chilly and about 5' vis on a 35' reef outside of the inlet. There were bugs there though.
Jason

so lets see if this helps.... If you could see in the inside of your mask in Fort pierce today, then you were doing pretty good... heheheheehhehe (from the shore)

The cool thing with Fort Pierce though, is you really dont need good viz to hunt bugs. Just in my own personal expierence, those little roaches come out more in the bad viz then nice clean clear water. I suggest pack yourself a pony and head on out for some good ol' brail diving..

Let us know when you'll be in town, maybe we can hook up for a dive and dinner.. Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom