Ok, BP/W lovers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottZeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, here is your chance.

What is your favorite wing for a BP, and why?

An idea of whether you are diving cold or warm water, steel or aluminum BP, etc. would be helpful as well.

I finally got the "green light" on the donut style wing, so I need to know what YOU guys are looking for. If you love one particular brand and model of wing, feel free to say so.

Thanks,

Scott

Bout time.

Take the Pioneer, make it stronger, offer it in at least two lift capacities (say 20 and 35 lbs), and you have a winner.

I might even buy one of those in place of my horseshoe Zeagle elastic wing.

I can say the current materials seem good for that wing, nothing happened so far on 100+ dives, has enough lift for any single. The larger portion of the wing is towards the rump, which seems to allow a nice ride, keeping those kind of proportions (allowing for the donut connection of course) would be good.

The connectors are a bit iffy, can you put a fabric mesh with rivets? I keep checking and have found my connectors undone once in a while during storage, worried they'll come off when i dive. Dumps, inflators all seem in good locations, taco'ing is minimal, particularly with those snaps that connect to the plate.

I am all for the donut as i do have to roll a bit to dump the last dregs out of my wing, as i do in my double wing too.

I would buy a 55# model for cold water diving. I use SS plate. You making those as well?

Well... we've already been working on this but if you want to take it into production feel free.
Black would be better of course.
batman.jpg

wedivebc:
I would buy a 55# model for cold water diving. I use SS plate. You making those as well?
Why?

wedivebc:
Because that is what I prefer.
I'm sorry, I was just curious why you would want that much lift.

Uncle Pug:
Well... we've already been working on this but if you want to take it into production feel free.
Black would be better of course.

Only you, Pug....only you...........

:bravo:

We have been making SS and aluminum BPs for a few years now - I just finally got clearance to start adding some other wings!!! :eyebrow:

pants!:
I'm sorry, I was just curious why you would want that much lift.
Because I sometimes dive with double steel tanks, and I am a wimp in cold water so I have lots of (read bouyant) thermal protection. I therefore have to carry a bit of weight. In the event of a drysuit flood I need some lift.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom