Phoenix locality LDS catering to Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Will be in Scottsdale for a very brief period of time, but have a couple of hours down time. Though I would check out a tech oriented LDS. Any round?

TIA

Otter:
Will be in Scottsdale for a very brief period of time, but have a couple of hours down time. Though I would check out a tech oriented LDS. Any round?

TIA
Ocean Planet Scuba has some tech gear in their store. The owner, Roy teaches tech/wreck classes. It's just south of Scottsdale in Tempe(ASU), you can get there from anywhere in Scottsdale in about 1/2 hr. or less. Other stores in Phoenix have a rec focus and sell limited or no tech gear.

www.oceanplanetscuba.com

Take Scottsdale Rd. south to Broadway, make a right and it's under a mile on your left(south). If you pass Mill Ave you've gone too far.

Then (assuming you're flying back to OC) go west(left) on Broadway another mile or two to I-10, go north on I-10 about a mile and you'll see the airport.

In case you're driving back to Scottsdale instead, Scottsdale Rd. is renamed Rural in Tempe.

I think the best tech oriented outfit in Arizona is Joel Silverstein's Tech Diving Limited in Lake Havasu.

padiscubapro:
http://www.scubasciences.com/Technical_Diving.htm
www.scubasciences.com

John does on one of the most complete classes you will get from ANYONE...
Absolutely and he's a heck of a nice guy to talk to also, but if he's not there, I don't think there'd be much point in making the hour drive across town. Except for the occasional Halcyon rig, they don't seem to have a lot of tech gear in the store.

They're my LDS btw...

Steve

Allwet Scuba at Warner and Rural (Tempe) also teaches tech. They don't typically have any tech gear in the shop, however. Last time I was there asking about tech gear the owner showed me his personal rig, but didn't have anything in stock.

ArizSig:
Allwet Scuba at Warner and Rural (Tempe) also teaches tech. They don't typically have any tech gear in the shop, however. Last time I was there asking about tech gear the owner showed me his personal rig, but didn't have anything in stock.

Brett is actually the manager. The owner lives somewhere in SoCal (I don't think he even dives). Anyway, I'm sure Brett would like to have more tech stuff in there, but his options are limited. Arizona doesn't have a lot of interest in tech diving, unfortunately.

Brett recently bought the shop from the previous owner. Maybe he will increase the amount tech gear they stock.

Good for him. I haven't stopped in the shop in a couple of months.

I doubt he'll have much more than he currently has. There's just not enough of a market in AZ to carry it.

I know this is an old thread but Ocean Planet has expanded their tech area and has 3 instructors, including trimix and we get our Dive Rite Optima rebreathers in this Month!!! WOOHOO!!!

We are actually trying to wake up the tech divers and future tech divers in AZ.

Stop by and talk to me or Roy (we are the owners and are there in the afternoons)

Back
Top Bottom