Made it through Hurricane Dennis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Florabama

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got my power back on last night. It's been out since Sunday afternoon. Ever try to sleep in Florida in July without A/C or a fan? It was no fun. Anyway, I am grateful. No structural damage to my home, and there doesn't appear to be nearly as much damage here as with Ivan. Ivan left more than 50,000 homes damaged -- Dennis appears to have only damaged about 500. Of course, if your home is one of the 500, that's no consolation.

The water, especially closer in, will be messed up for a while, but hopefully if we don't get Emily, we'll be diving again by the end of July. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. They made all the difference.

I and a few others know exactly what its like to sleep for several weeks without AC or power, but thankfully with a roof still intact! I agree no fun at all.

Emily is more than likely going to miss the panhandle, now the people of Central/Latin America might not be so lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom