Good BC for use with HP E-8 130 and pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SFL_diver

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good BC for use with a Pressed Steel HP 130 size tank. I might be hooking a small pony bottle (probably 13 cu feet) up to the side of my BC on D rings.

I have considered the Dive Rite Transpac. I really don't know which wings to get - there are so many different types!

But I would also like a BC with the built in reg on the BC inflator. I like that feature alot!

Any suggestions.....

I am using ScubaPro Classic plus and Knighthawk for the double AL80s and HP E-8 130 CF. I don't have any problem with those two SP BCDs. It is a solid and decent BCDs.

If your looking for something more recreational oriented, SQ has the Black Diamond, which is kind of the recreational version of a tech BCD, & easily accepts an alternate air source. It has the ability to mount up to Steel Double 100s. You can go bigger, but w/ the intgrated weights if you were to toss your BCD in the water w/ all the weights in & w/o you in it would sink.

I have made several dives with my E-8 130, on SQ Raider which is similar to the SQ BD same lift, & it works great.

If you plan on doing tech some-sort of BP/Softpac with wing setup really seems to be the only way to go. With somewhere between 60-100lbs of lift depending on your gear configuration & personal preference.

I would go the TransPlate over the TransPac. I have a TransPlate and find it extremely stable. Some friends have commented their TransPac wobbles a bit.....
rich

Back
Top Bottom